[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stalebagel, Thisoldheart and Roberta asked valid questions. The part about making donations out to HAL bothered me as well. That raised a red flag. I would like to donate too but directly to Cindy Birdsong. I don't know if celebrities qualify for medicare and health insurance. They didn't have those safeguards in place when they were younger and making money. They were told to look out for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    .... I don't know if celebrities qualify for medicare and health insurance. They didn't have those safeguards in place when they were younger and making money. They were told to look out for themselves.
    Medicare is health insurance. Everyone is eligible for it when they turn 65. It pays for 80% of medical bills. You can also add a prescription plan to it for about $40 a month. At 73 years old, she should also be getting a social security check, but those are usually not big enough to live on. Most people of her generation, who did not expect to get pensions from their jobs, planned ahead and invested some of their income into IRAs or mutual funds so that their old age would be at least comfortable. And it is a good thing that they did. Because they now have children in their forties who lived on credit cards, bought homes they could not not afford, faced foreclosure and now are living with their mommies and daddies. I wonder what financial condition her son is in and if he is helping her in any way.

After seeing that the HAL Scholarship fund is under investigation, I would be reluctant to send any money to them on CIndy's behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Medicare is health insurance. Everyone is eligible for it when they turn 65. It pays for 80% of medical bills. You can also add a prescription plan to it for about $40 a month. At 73 years old, she should also be getting a social security check, but those are usually not big enough to live on. Most people of her generation, who did not expect to get pensions from their jobs, planned ahead and invested some of their income into IRAs or mutual funds so that their old age would be at least comfortable. And it is a good thing that they did. Because they now have children in their forties who lived on credit cards, bought homes they could not not afford, faced foreclosure and now are living with their mommies and daddies. I wonder what financial condition her son is in and if he is helping her in any way.

After seeing that the HAL Scholarship fund is under investigation, I would be reluctant to send any money to them on CIndy's behalf.
    I forgot Medicare is pretty much given to everyone even if they didn't work. But I know of a lot of musicians who died without health and life insurance or don't have any coverage at all. My uncle gets Medicare A&B but doesn't have a supplement, but he still qualifies for grants and other financial help. We're working on getting him a supplemental plan to cover the 20 percent that Medicare doesn't. It would appear that Ms. Birdsong should qualify for some kind of assistence in California.