[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I highly doubt the 70’s Supremes or The Smokey less miracles will be featured for the pure fact that it’s a continuation of the same groups that were already big.
    I've decided that I'm going to die on this hill.

I'll grant the argument against the post Motown Four Tops.

Every artist that has been recording for decades has a "heyday" that the majority of the hits and fame came from.

Other than Standing on the Top, I couldn't tell you a single post 1980 Temptations song. But I don't think that 80s and beyond Temptations need an unsung episode. So I get excluding the tops. i'd like to see it but I get it

I think that the Supremes and Miracles are a different story.

When a group loses it's lead singer that is a line in the sand, a clear division between eras

There is a definite difference between Diana leaving the Supremes versus Flo

And as far as the general public is concerned at least 95% of the hits and fame and being "sung" comes from the Diana & Smokey eras

I'd love to find out more about the transitions. I think that Smokey wanted to leave the Miracles 2-3 years before he finally did

How was Jean Terrell chosen as the new lead?

I'd heard that's not who Berry Gordy wanted. If that's true who did he want?

Who else was in the running? Was Mary becoming the new lead not an option?

was there competition between new Supremes and Diana solo? both in and outside Motown?

the Miracles losing Smokey meant not just losing their lead singer but also their main writer and producer.

How did they decide what direction to move in?

Personally I would still like to see a deeper dive into that time period of both groups
    Last edited by Optimal Saint; 10-19-2018 at 07:11 PM.