It is also a fact that The Complete Motown singles Vol 5 used as their primary sources 'The Hitsville Session Logbooks, The Motown Library Tape Filing Card Index, The Motown 45 RPM Label Copy Files, The Jobete Music Company Catalog January 1959 - March 31, 1967.
And yet it is now said that the Complete Motown Singles data, in this matter, is incorrect.
If both of these projects used the same source information, how can they come to two different conclusions?
The Complete Motown Singles collection, as reported on this forum over the years, was a monumental task, took hundreds, if not thousands of man hours, no documents untouched, all sources verified, and they stated that Mary, Flo and Marlene Borrow sang on Stop! as indicated by the sources above.
And yet, after millions of copies of Stop!, thousands of listenings by compilists who put these recordings on CD, dozens of re-mixes by engineers on years of CDs, and forty seven years after it was recorded, it is now stated that it was the Andantes who sang on the released version? I have a hard time believing it. I am not saying they are wrong or liers, but I am shaking my head.
And so yes, the sources I mentioned are facts too, whether they are liked or not.