[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    As a young-ish fan [[35), I feel like "Reflections" and "Love Child" both have solid name recognition, even if a younger audience isn't familiar with the actual albums. I think they would both sell well if marketed right as far as expanded editions are concerned.
    I agree. Not sure what you consider "younger", but REFLECTIONS had a resurgence as the theme to China Beach, and LOVE CHILD was covered successfully by Sweet Sensation. So that's a whole different generation outside the 60's that should be familiar with these songs.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I agree. Not sure what you consider "younger", but REFLECTIONS had a resurgence as the theme to China Beach, and LOVE CHILD was covered successfully by Sweet Sensation. So that's a whole different generation outside the 60's that should be familiar with these songs.
    True, "young" is relative. My 16-year-old nephew is a third-generation Supremes fan, and all of his friends love cd's because they're "vintage." Oof!

There's a 70s-themed bar here in Chicago that serves a mostly Millennial/Gen Z crowd. They always play Supremes/Ross music on Diana's birthday. People love it.