[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Many thanks for the info George, but i’m now utterly confused.
    Basically your saying Deke never had to piece the album together. The reason I’m confused being Deke spoke of using different vocal takes from other performances and the problems he faced in trying to match the sound level of the audience clapping to the other songs.
    Could you possibly clarify.
    I can only tell you what is on the tapes and there is no piecing together. I love Deke dearly and don't want to contradict him. Sometimes stories get embellished or memories become fuzzy over the years. How many versions of the "I Can't Dance To That Music" drama have we heard? Just how many female groups did Diana steal costumes from? How many variations of the "Where Did Our Love Go" story? Or the "no hit Supremes?" And let's not forget Diana STEALING "People" from Florence because Flo was getting a five minute standing ovation after her performance.
    Deke definitely had to do some editing and perhaps he made several attempts of using Mary's solos from other shows and it wasn't working out and eventually gave up and just had her overdub? Technology was different back then.
    And I honestly have no idea where the film of the concert is.
    Last edited by George Solomon; 12-18-2022 at 03:53 PM.