[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    And One More Thing [info from DigitalBits.com]-
    The Michael Jackson estate has restored Michael Jackson’s Thriller [which was directed by John Landis] and his Beat It music video in 4K and its apparently going to release them on Digital later this week. However [and we don’t know if this is a leak or what], both are now available for free viewing on the Internet Archive [click here and here]. And the results are pretty damn impressive.
    They're now on YouTube and have replaced the previous official uploads of the videos. The colours on Thriller look amazing. I still think Beat It looks a bit fuzzy but it is 40 years old.

Re:Thriller 50
    I can't believe I'm saying this, given my T40 CD should be arriving in the post tomorrow, but if they really were to give us the kitchen sink for T50: all the unreleased tracks; all the demos; all the extended versions... yes. I'd buy that too. Not sure anyone will be putting out many CDs in ten years though.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidactingsmart View Post
    Re:Thriller 50
    I can't believe I'm saying this, given my T40 CD should be arriving in the post tomorrow, but if they really were to give us the kitchen sink for T50: all the unreleased tracks; all the demos; all the extended versions... yes. I'd buy that too. Not sure anyone will be putting out many CDs in ten years though.
    Remember, they were saying the same thing about CDs ten years ago and they're still being made. And a Thriller 50th Anniversary edition might come out the same way this one did on CD & vinyl [with even more unreleased stuff and certain tracks on available only on streaming].