So, Mary had a bubbly personality on television that was seen as "silly", okay. Mary had a beautiful contralto voice that could have easily been used for ballads. I find it very warm and distinctive. She was a beautiful woman with a great deal of talent. The thing is that because Diana Ross was so talented and the focal point of the Supremes that the industry very easily looked at Mary, Flo, Cindy, Jean et al as also rans that were simply not Miss Ross. I don't know if Mary was difficult or hard to work with in the studio, but I find it interesting that NO Motown producer wanted to work with her at all. That I don't understand. I think Jean only looked at the Supremes as "just a job" whereas Mary looked at it as a commitment because she had been one of the ones who started it. I can understand why Mary felt she should be alpha then if Jean only looked at the entire thing as just a job. Granted, she was singing lead but if she didn't want to do the extra work and put in the extra effort to the Supremes, why listen to her? As for Mary, I honestly don't see why another label didn't take a chance on her unless behind the scenes she was more of a problem than we realize or were led to believe. I am sure by the time she left the group, the history of Pedro as the manager didn't set too well with Motown or a new label that might know that history.