Another negative of the tribute was Mary's publicist. Never mind that he spoke for much too long- he's grieving, so he has to be cut some slack- but that dig he took at Diana [[and Florence, perhaps) was rude and unnecessary. Even with Mary's passing, someone feels the need to jab at Diana in order to shine light on Mary. Even Bego didn't get up there and cross that kind of line. Definitely the low point of the evening.

I'm a bit surprised that Mary's fellow Supremes weren't represented. That's not to say that none of them were there that night, I don't know, but I can't really see Scherrie in particular being there and not getting up to have words. Of course it could be that they all said "enough" when Mary first passed. But it would've been nice if one or more of them had spoken that night, as well as Diana maybe sending a note of words. Just seems kind of odd that Mary's favorite thing in the world- besides her family and friends- the Supremes, didn't have one or more representatives that night.

But again, the tribute was beautiful. My favorite portions being Janie Bradford, Stevie Wonder and the panel of Mary's friends.

And I never realized Turkessa's resemblance to Mary. It's not as strong as Flo's daughters or Diana's kids, but for the first time I noticed it. Another thing I thought about during the program was Mary's mother, Johnnie Mae. I wondered if she could've even dreamed of the impact her daughter would have on the world. Mary's story is incredible.