[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    yeah i think if the single of Bottom Line had been released first and prior to the album, then it might have worked. and i'm meaning the WO album as it was released - no changes to it. So a strong song would have probably generated interest. but they did need to do more to hype up the return to motown. maybe with a tv special or something too.
    Television special should've been a no brainer. I don't think it would've done much to help sales, for the reasons I mentioned previously, but at least the special could've been a success.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Television special should've been a no brainer. I don't think it would've done much to help sales, for the reasons I mentioned previously, but at least the special could've been a success.
    yeah i think this would be similar to the thread i started on the 70s sups and if they needed a mega PR or excitement event. since it had been a few years since Diana's last big US hit, she needed something to re-energize her career.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    There was a highly-edited HBO special that was filmed at Wembley Arena. But it aired in September, at least a month or so after the album had already peaked on the Billboard album chart.