[REMOVE ADS]

Any Syl Johnson Fans ?

Take a look at this!

You got to go a long way to beat this Guy for some southern soul!!!!!

Outstanding find GT, This record has always been very poignant and meaningful to me, although he left a lot out, what he said reverberates through my mind to this day.

Hi this is Kev-Lo

COME SOCK IT TO ME was my favorite by him

"Concrete Reservation" is a jam,and I understand where you're coming from. Here's a few of my favorites by Syl.

i was at a UK performance by Syl a few years ago ....where he berated the uk backing band for not being able to perform one of his tunes in the right key........priceless
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Come On Sock It To Me was the first I remember by Syl Johnson. That was on Twilight label. I also liked everything he
    did on the Hi label. Syl Johnson -- great southern soul!

He got no airplay in Philly.

It took a whole lotta doing,

But WE DID IT

I love that song, really chunky Southern Soul

Quote Originally Posted by bobkayli View Post
    It took a whole lotta doing,

But WE DID IT

I love that song, really chunky Southern Soul
    The first single bought with my own wages and I still have it.

Name:  johnson0012.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  51.4 KB

I like that trailer That Nov. 27 show at the Old Town School of Folk Music should be a good one.

I'm quite sure it will. If good seats are still available,I would like to go.

Sorry for posting so late,but this article was in our local Sunday paper. He's on the cover of the UK music magazine "In The Basement." His concert is this Saturday [[11/27) [[I wish I could go )

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...-11210.article [[scroll down unil you see the article)