Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
Just finished watching the doc. It left me feeling sad and wishing that Donna was still with us, as I think this documentary could have been so much more, if she had been directly involved. Having been a fan of hers for years, I already knew most of what was covered in this documentary. The highlight for me was seeing a lot of the archival/rare footage featured throughout. I felt that this documentary as a whole did not measure up to some of the more recent ones, like the Tina Turner doc. It felt a bit fluffy. I would say it's more for hardcore fans.

Also, considering what a major player Georgio Moroder was in Donna's career, I was surprised he did not get more interview time. This documentary featured more on Donna the superstar and the different facets of her as a woman, and her challenges, versus the making of the music. It was interesting and sad to hear her family speak of her final days, as I had never heard them discuss Donna's illness until now. The doc did give me some new insights into her life. It wasn't a terrible documentary, but perhaps I had set my hopes too high for it.
You and I must be sharing a brain.

I just finished watching Donna's documentary and though I enjoyed it, I still felt there was something missing. I would have liked to see the actual interviewees. Also, I think more could have been given to her split with Casablanca. On the plus side, there was a lot of footage that I've never seen before so that was a nice touch.