[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    David & Diana - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

    Aye aye, [or is it Ai ai?]

    Very interesting!



    Seems this person has 'discovered' a few more like that for their channel!

    https://www.youtube.com/@vicescity

    Cheers

    Paul

  2. #2
    Thanks for this - very interesting for sure and I wonder where this is leading

  3. #3
    My worst nightmare!

  4. #4
    So you want to change Marvin's voice so it sounds a little like David Ruffin and change Tammi's vocal so it resembles Diana Ross - guess what - there's an app for that. Except it doesn't work thankfully.

  5. #5
    I think we are living in a world where technology can "do things" that were previously thought to be impossible. However, even though something is possible, it doesn't mean that it is worth doing.

    The AI output here is far from convincing.

  6. #6
    Utter crap!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I think we are living in a world where technology can "do things" that were previously thought to be impossible. However, even though something is possible, it doesn't mean that it is worth doing.

    The AI output here is far from convincing.
    I agree to both, although in the case of the latter, this channel has some of the better ones I've come across.

    But when you listen for the second and third time, you can indeed start to hear that in parts it is not quite so natural sounding or true to the voice it is supposed to be mimicking, and is only as good as the AI model and the person using and this case, training it.

    [Early days, but who knows how much better and more true and lifelike these AI models will become in the future? - I think the creators pinned comments are worth taking note of].

    That said, I much prefer and endorse the use of the AI tools that have been developed for the use in isolating, removing, and separating instruments and vocals from songs [such as Ultimate Vocal Remover], so original backing tracks can be created, and also used to create first time stereo mixes for songs where only a mixed mono master exists, and there is no multitrack master to create an 'official' new mix from.

    Cheers

    Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 01-21-2024 at 06:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post

    That said, I much prefer and endorse the use of the AI tools that have been developed for the use in isolating, removing, and separating instruments and vocals from songs [such as Ultimate Vocal Remover], so original backing tracks can be created, and also used to create first time stereo mixes for songs where only a mixed mono master exists, and there is no multitrack master to create an 'official' new mix from.

    Cheers

    Paul
    Completely agree Paul. I see that as constructive and respectful in a way that contrasts with the negatives of making Tammi sound a bit like Diana.

  9. #9
    I hate AI vocals so much LMAO

  10. #10
    Ain't no voices high enough and ain't no voices low enough. Ain't no Diana and ain't no David. Ain't no good.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Ain't no voices high enough and ain't no voices low enough. Ain't no Diana and ain't no David. Ain't no good.
    Ainít Nothing Like The Real Glass

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Ain't no voices high enough and ain't no voices low enough. Ain't no Diana and ain't no David. Ain't no good.
    Boogie, I thought it sounded a little bit like David, but, to my ears, it didn't sound any more like Diana than the man in the moon.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Thanks for this - very interesting for sure and I wonder where this is leading
    This perhaps?

    https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-At-You-Motown

    Cheers

    Paul

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    Seems like the development of AI for music purposes and for providing synopsis of careers has been rapid and not always as good as we hope and expect

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.