[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    279

    A Romantic Evening for the Holidays - Glodean and Linda

    https://glodeanandlinda.com/playlist...-the-holidays/


    I dedicate this Album, “A ROMANTIC EVENING FOR THE HOLIDAYS” from Glodean and Linda to my late husband BARRY WHITE. Gone too soon!!
    You are the love of my life! Your love has taken me to heights unknown, places a person only dreams of. You never stopped believing in me. With your love “You Turned My Whole World Around.” With you, “I Found Someone” that I could trust with my heart!
    Even though, I know you had all intentions of giving your Fans all around the World A Christmas Album that they would cherish, God had other plans for you. He needed you to SERENADE all the Angels in Heaven with your Love Songs and Music.
    Going through this process of making and producing this album, I felt your presence guiding me with every note we sang. Whispering in my ear, how high to go, how long to hold, and when to breathe! Your Spirit warmly standing by my side.
    Thank you for sharing your, Unlimited Love with Diane, Linda, and myself for, “I Belong To You” cause, “Oh Love Well We Finally Made It” and yes, “Didn’t We Make It Happen Baby”
    So with all we have to give, “Beware” my Love, “A ROMANTIC EVENING FOR THE HOLIDAYS” is just for you! “Good Night My Love” and Pleasant Dreams!!
    With my Eternal, Unlimited Love, Your Loving Wife!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Rep Power
    228
    Wow, Jack! It says this collection has been available since year 2020. How did I miss this? I've always loved Barry White and wife Glodean's girl group, Love Unlimited. I really wanted to love this Christmas collection. God knows, Glodean & twin sister Linda still sound great together, although I miss the three-part harmony provided by the late Diane Taylor who died from cancer back in the early '90s. What I also miss is the full, lush-sounding strings provided by the Love Unlimited Orchestra. Somehow, the synthesized string effects utilized throughout here just don't cut it for me. Still in all, glad to know that the girls are still going at it. [[Gotta wonder, though, how Glodean manages to function with those un-Godly long fingernails!)
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-07-2023 at 05:18 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,598
    Rep Power
    301
    It's not even romantic ...its loud and blasty ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Wow, Jack! It says this collection has been available since year 2020. How did I miss this? I've always loved Barry White and wife Glodean's girl group, Love Unlimited. I really wanted to love this Christmas collection. God knows, Glodean & twin sister Linda still sound great together, although I miss the three-part harmony provided by the late Diane Taylor who died from cancer back in the early '90s. What I also miss is the full, lush-sounding strings provided by the Love Unlimited Orchestra. Somehow, the synthesized string effects utilized throughout here just don't cut it for me. Still in all, glad to know that the girls are still going at it. [[Gotta wonder, though, how Glodean manages to function with those un-Godly long fingernails!)
    Yes. With all the germs and feces that gets gummed up in there I would not want her to knead me a meatloaf ....
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-08-2023 at 04:03 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,193
    Rep Power
    388

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,598
    Rep Power
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I wonder why they tacked on real strings for the beginning

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    It's not even romantic ...its loud and blasty ...



    Yes. With all the germs and feces that gets gummed up in there I would not want her to knead me a meatloaf ....
    "Loud and blasty"? Boogie, you're just a ray of sunshine! Why the fowl mood? You should be feeling young, festive, and gay for the Christmas season! BTW, I've been in the mood to make a Meatloaf lately. Thanks to your eloquent comparison to Glodean's claws and the gross under-trappings, I think I'll hold off for a while!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-14-2023 at 05:07 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,598
    Rep Power
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    "Loud and blasty"? Boogie, you're just a ray of sunshine! Why the fowl mood? You should be feeling young, festive, and gay for the Christmas season! BTW, I've been in the mood to make a Meatloaf lately. Thanks to your eloquent comparison to Glodean's claws and the gross under-trappings, I think I'll hold off for a while!
    I gotta call em as I see 'em. Let's try this one :



    or this one:



    sorry I just hear loud and blasty . ...not a "romantic evening". If the album were called "Having A Christmas Blast" I'd say they nailed it [nailed it ...].

    Gary, thanks to you, I got my Christmas tree up in November, the first time I've done that in my life ! And I used only ornaments I've never used before.... a whole new look I'm enjoying.
    And I'm finally flying up and visiting my sister in her "new" home this Christmas ...six years later. You're right, 'tis the season....

    ....so have a hot totty with me and if we're going loud and blasty here's one we will both like:

    Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-14-2023 at 12:30 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,250
    Rep Power
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I like this one a lot. Both Glodean and Linda still sound good. Plus it was nice to see the shots of Verdine White, as well as Walter and Scotty of the Whispers. I wonder if they are doing the backing vocals? It sure sounds like them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,936
    Rep Power
    377
    My copy arrived today. Both Linda and Glodean autographed it. I haven't had a chance to listen to it. I have all the Love Unlimited CD's, and this will be part of their history.... whatever that may be.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I gotta call em as I see 'em. Let's try this one :



    or this one:



    sorry I just hear loud and blasty . ...not a "romantic evening". If the album were called "Having A Christmas Blast" I'd say they nailed it [nailed it ...].

    Gary, thanks to you, I got my Christmas tree up in November, the first time I've done that in my life ! And I used only ornaments I've never used before.... a whole new look I'm enjoying.
    And I'm finally flying up and visiting my sister in her "new" home this Christmas ...six years later. You're right, 'tis the season....

    ....so have a hot totty with me and if we're going loud and blasty here's one we will both like:

    "Nailed" it! Ha!

    I'm glad you decorated for Christmas early this year, Boogie. If you do it right, decorating for Christmas is a lot of work. Putting it up early gives you plenty of time to sit back and enjoy it. I hope you enjoy those shiny new ornaments!

    Good for you flying up to your sister's new home! Whereabouts is she? Here's wishing you a safe trip there and back, and lots of fun in between.

    Thanks for including my favorite Philles Christmas album! Sure, I'll have my Scotch while you sip on your toddy! Just curious -- did you intend to purposely leave out Darlene's "White Christmas"? I noticed first thing that it's conspicuously missing!

    BTW, I'm psyched that Applebee's Restaurant is using The Ronettes' "Sleigh Ride" in their latest TV commercials. It's getting a LOT of plays, too!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-15-2023 at 02:11 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    My copy arrived today. Both Linda and Glodean autographed it. I haven't had a chance to listen to it. I have all the Love Unlimited CD's, and this will be part of their history.... whatever that may be.
    Lakeside, you said your copy arrived today? You mean it's a CD? I assumed it was just a download. Gotta check this out!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,936
    Rep Power
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Lakeside, you said your copy arrived today? You mean it's a CD? I assumed it was just a download. Gotta check this out!
    Yes Gary, it's a CD! Both Linda and Glodean signed the back of it. It was shipped from Indiglo Music Group, Arcadia, CA. It arrived fairly quickly and nicely packaged.

    Glodean and Linda | Facebook
    Last edited by lakeside; 12-15-2023 at 11:31 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,598
    Rep Power
    301
    Hey Gary ....no idea why the opening cut is not on there. {?}

    here we'll use this :





    Thanks for the well wishes. Off to Seattle this Monday. Hope your Christmas is amongst your best and without any weather problems. Cheers!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Hey Gary ....no idea why the opening cut is not on there. {?}

    here we'll use this :





    Thanks for the well wishes. Off to Seattle this Monday. Hope your Christmas is amongst your best and without any weather problems. Cheers!
    Cheers, Boogie!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Yes Gary, it's a CD! Both Linda and Glodean signed the back of it. It was shipped from Indiglo Music Group, Arcadia, CA. It arrived fairly quickly and nicely packaged.

    Glodean and Linda | Facebook
    Thanks, Lakeside. I've decided to order it after all! [[It must be selling well! Amazon has run out of it. They're not sure if they'll be getting more.) I went onto Indigo Music's website and left message I want to buy a copy. Fingers crossed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,936
    Rep Power
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Thanks, Lakeside. I've decided to order it after all! [[It must be selling well! Amazon has run out of it. They're not sure if they'll be getting more.) I went onto Indigo Music's website and left message I want to buy a copy. Fingers crossed!
    This is where I ordered mine from: A Romantic Evening for the Holidays - Glodean And Linda

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.