[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations 60 - Chapter 2

Hi,

The new album was released digital Friday 28th of january.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts:
    1. Let it Reign: not my taste, but again, establishing the Temptations as a great backing vocal group.
    2. When We Were Kings: Since Phoenix Rising, the Temptations sing a lot about them selves. Every album since them ["still Tempting"].
    3. Is It Gonna Be Yes Or No: I like it. Meandering. Old fashioned sound.
    4. Time For The People: social concious song. Hmm.
    5. Elevator Eyes: Third attempt? This song is presented as new since 1994 [box set] and 2000 Awesome
    6. My Whole World Stopped Without You: sweet do wop style, like it
    7. You Don't Know Your Woman: like it, except the autotune
    8. How Do You Spell Love: The mid 80's called, they want the Temptations back...
    9. Calling Out Your Name: The late 80's called, they too want the Temptations back..
    10. I Want You Right Now: yes, the steelpan is back! Like it
    11. Breaking My Back: Just My Imagination Running Away, but then different
    12. Come On: Including a 3 minute story, Otis telling the first time when he met Mr. Gordy and when they signed to Motown. And thankfully, a thanks to Mr. Gordy. [remember all the CDs coming out in the 90's when in the liner notes the handicappers and finally Mr Gordy was always thanked]

Final conclusion:
    A lot of memory lane, some songs to my taste, others require additional listening and growing custom too.

However, thank you Otis, for keeping the legacy alive, and releasing new music! 60! The Temptations are an institute and I'm happy they are still around!

Bump

Did any of you hear the new music? I love to read your opinions.

And I made a typo...not "handicappers" but handclappers of course!

I’ve downloaded the album but not listened to all of it yet. Your thoughts seem pretty accurate so far 1382!!!