Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
I just finished the book. I do agree that it needed some more proof reading and editing. There were parts that I felt were added in order to pad out the text, like describing what took place on 9/11. Some facts needed to be corrected, such in the timeline at the back of the book, which states that Diana went solo in 1972. However, I do like that it was written with plenty of personality. There were some phrases and lines that made me laugh, in a good way. As an example, the author made a reference to a young Nicole being in a peaceful and restful state in her bed on a particular evening. To describe this, she said that Nicole was having a "Calgon-take-me-away kind of moment". I laughed at that line and loved it. Those sorts of nuggets kept me engaged. I agree that this book is Nicole's story and I enjoyed learning about her and her family. I really respect her for sticking to the facts concerning her own life and experiences and for having stayed away from the drama that transpired before her time. The book does paint Diana and Berry in a good light and she makes it known that Diana, Berry and Mary have each always acknowledged and remembered her and her sisters. I was most surprised to read that Diana had offered to adopt Nicole and her sisters, after Flo had passed away, and Lurlee [[Flo's Mom) had kindly declined the offer. She had explained that Diana was willing to raise her and her sisters and simply wanted to ensure that they would be taken care of. I don't remember reading or hearing this previously. It was nice to read that.

As a Flo fan, I've always taken an interest in her life after The Supremes, as well as the life of her family. I never knew a whole lot about Nicole or her father Tommy, for instance. I appreciated being able to learn about their lives and appreciated some of the insights and memories that Nicole shared of her mother. There were revelations on the various things that Nicole has lived through in her life and it gave me so much more understanding. For a hardcore fan like myself, I wasn't disappointed by the book. It just left me wishing there was more. I do appreciate it though, especially considering this was a self-published effort. It's a lovely addition to my collection.
Heartfelt and well stated. Perhaps sales will be sufficient to attract a publisher that can do a complete job of editing. Until then, glad to hear real fans are happy with the book.