[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Oh, she's quadruple Kryptonite to those fools: an educated, accomplished, fearless woman of Jamaican and Indian descent. I, for one, cannot wait until she eviscerates Pence in that debate; he better ask somebody about Skeewee. And I, too, hope white women will get on board--unlike last time.
    The problem with debating Pence is she can't really impress because she's expected to spank him. If she does too good, he's a sympathetic figure and if she doesn't score well enough, she looks bad as a result. It's like when Gore debated Bush. Debate #1 saw Gore mop the floor up with Bush but the "pundits" all said he was too aggressive and that turned people off. Debate #2 and he was reactively too acquiescent and they said that he needed to handle business the way he normally does in debates. Then, in debate #3 they said that he struck the right mix between strong and thoughtful but in their minds, he came across as too "slick". WTF? Easily won two debates and arguably won the other and they came up with reasons to say that Bush won. I'm not going to discuss Tim Kaine in 2016 where he tried to beat up on Pence but didn't make many points and wound up looking like an angry dude trying to hammer somebody for sake of hammering him.

With that said, this is the guy that Kamala will be debating in a month and a half:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The problem with debating Pence is she can't really impress because she's expected to spank him. If she does too good, he's a sympathetic figure and if she doesn't score well enough, she looks bad as a result. It's like when Gore debated Bush. Debate #1 saw Gore mop the floor up with Bush but the "pundits" all said he was too aggressive and that turned people off. Debate #2 and he was reactively too acquiescent and they said that he needed to handle business the way he normally does in debates. Then, in debate #3 they said that he struck the right mix between strong and thoughtful but in their minds, he came across as too "slick". WTF? Easily won two debates and arguably won the other and they came up with reasons to say that Bush won. I'm not going to discuss Tim Kaine in 2016 where he tried to beat up on Pence but didn't make many points and wound up looking like an angry dude trying to hammer somebody for sake of hammering him.
    Reminds me of the delicate balancing act Biden had to pull off with Palin [[which he did admirably and deftly, without thrashing her).

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Reminds me of the delicate balancing act Biden had to pull off with Palin [[which he did admirably and deftly, without thrashing her).
    I remember that. She tried to get a viral moment by dropping Say it ain't so, Joe in the debate but it came off sounding scripted forced and ill-timed. That put her at minute 14 of her 15 minutes of fame because she petered out soon after.