[REMOVE ADS]

Biden picks kamala harris for running mate

Well,gang biden made his pick and i like it,senator kamala harris of california.

I was waiting for someone to mention this. For me it was no surprise. Waiting to see what crap the orange Cheeto will throw at them

She's a stellar choice. I'm excited. Let's go!

As a Californian I have supported Kamala for both state AG and United States Senator. She has been my first choice for VP every since she dropped out of the presidential race. Harris is smart and tough, she is the perfect choice.

I think he made the right choice. Harris has a sharp mind and I think she will appeal to a lot of people who are otherwise disappointed that Biden is the nom but were going to vote for him anyway. We're going to hear a lot of right wingers throwing left wing talking points at her [["she's a cop", "she didn't charge police officers", "she threw the book at low level offenses") but I think she can easily answer most of those and rise above them. Regardless, they had talking points against every candidate that Biden considered including Susan Rice, who thought was the most ready to be president among those on his list. But Rice would have given a lot of juice to the GOP, many of whom are stupid and try to associate her with Benghazi. I would have loved to see Rice or Elizabeth Warren be the pick but I can get excited about Harris.

[QUOTE=Jerry Oz;585978]I think he made the right choice. Harris has a sharp mind and I think she will appeal to a lot of people who are otherwise disappointed that Biden is the nom but were going to vote for him anyway. We're going to hear a lot of right wingers throwing left wing talking points at her [["she's a cop", "she didn't charge police officers", "she threw the book at low level offenses") but I think she can easily answer most of those and rise above them. Regardless, they had talking points against every candidate that Biden considered including Susan Rice, who thought was the most ready to be president among those on his list. But Rice would have given a lot of juice to the GOP, many of whom are stupid and try to associate her with Benghazi. I would have loved to see Rice or Elizabeth Warren be the pick but I can get excited about Harris.[/QUOTE

yeah, what I just bolded....I had read about this, and how it pissed off a lotta black folk out in CA, but isn't she also a part of the "prison reform" that got started not long ago?

And I thought about what experience SR would've brought to the table, but she has that Benghazi "baggage" which the Reps would absolutely pounce on and once again we would hear "lock her up"! that woulda sucked the air out of JB's campaign and possibly take the limelight away from him..Maybe I could be wrong, I dunno...and I also heard tell that her son is a staunch Trump supporter but I don't know if that's actually true, but if so could've also been "problematic"....Warren just didn't "turn me on"...

After watching KH do what she did during the committee hearings, I thought she was nobody to mess with...[[along with Val Demings)...She was direct, and quite thorough with her questioning, and made some of those guys wish they were wearing some Depends....I so enjoyed it...

I think she is a splendid choice, as she will not tolerate no more crap, and don't have a problem saying so.....and knows enough about "how to get around" up on the Hill....
    Last edited by GrtGzu; 08-13-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Wow. It took all of three seconds for every nasty sexist racist ignorant hate-filled comment tweet Facebook post and random blurb to come out. People are actually offended that there is a Black woman in the media's attention and aren't attacking her over what she's done but what she is. Hopefully it turns off a majority of white women and those who already know that Trump is dangerous will finally abandon him.

I already see that Fox and the rest of the Dorito dust mop’s cult are having a hard time trying to attack her. They figure out what box to put her in lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Wow. It took all of three seconds for every nasty sexist racist ignorant hate-filled comment tweet Facebook post and random blurb to come out. People are actually offended that there is a Black woman in the media's attention and aren't attacking her over what she's done but what she is. Hopefully it turns off a majority of white women and those who already know that Trump is dangerous will finally abandon him.

Oh, she's quadruple Kryptonite to those fools: an educated, accomplished, fearless woman of Jamaican and Indian descent. I, for one, cannot wait until she eviscerates Pence in that debate; he better ask somebody about Skeewee. And I, too, hope white women will get on board--unlike last time.
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-14-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Oh, she's quadruple Kryptonite to those fools: an educated, accomplished, fearless woman of Jamaican and Indian descent. I, for one, cannot wait until she eviscerates Pence in that debate; he better ask somebody about Skeewee. And I, too, hope white women will get on board--unlike last time.
    The problem with debating Pence is she can't really impress because she's expected to spank him. If she does too good, he's a sympathetic figure and if she doesn't score well enough, she looks bad as a result. It's like when Gore debated Bush. Debate #1 saw Gore mop the floor up with Bush but the "pundits" all said he was too aggressive and that turned people off. Debate #2 and he was reactively too acquiescent and they said that he needed to handle business the way he normally does in debates. Then, in debate #3 they said that he struck the right mix between strong and thoughtful but in their minds, he came across as too "slick". WTF? Easily won two debates and arguably won the other and they came up with reasons to say that Bush won. I'm not going to discuss Tim Kaine in 2016 where he tried to beat up on Pence but didn't make many points and wound up looking like an angry dude trying to hammer somebody for sake of hammering him.

With that said, this is the guy that Kamala will be debating in a month and a half:

The problem with debating Pence is she can't really impress because she's expected to spank him. If she does too good, he's a sympathetic figure and if she doesn't score well enough, she looks bad as a result. It's like when Gore debated Bush. Debate #1 saw Gore mop the floor up with Bush but the "pundits" all said he was too aggressive and that turned people off. Debate #2 and he was reactively too acquiescent and they said that he needed to handle business the way he normally does in debates. Then, in debate #3 they said that he struck the right mix between strong and thoughtful but in their minds, he came across as too "slick". WTF? Easily won two debates and arguably won the other and they came up with reasons to say that Bush won. I'm not going to discuss Tim Kaine in 2016 where he tried to beat up on Pence but didn't make many points and wound up looking like an angry dude trying to hammer somebody for sake of hammering him.
    Reminds me of the delicate balancing act Biden had to pull off with Palin [[which he did admirably and deftly, without thrashing her).

Reminds me of the delicate balancing act Biden had to pull off with Palin [[which he did admirably and deftly, without thrashing her).
    I remember that. She tried to get a viral moment by dropping Say it ain't so, Joe in the debate but it came off sounding scripted forced and ill-timed. That put her at minute 14 of her 15 minutes of fame because she petered out soon after.

I just want to see Trump out of the White House; that's the best I can hope for. I don't care much for Biden or Harris, don't much trust either. They're all politicians. Most Democrats like to hold you close, face to face and look straight into your eyes. Most
    Republicans prefer to come at you from behind pushing the back of your head towards
    the ground but in the end they all screw you....I expect Joe and Kamala will fu#k some
    aspects of my life up but I doubt it will be on the level Trump threatens right now...

I would expect Biden/Harris to degrade the rate that things are atrophying if not make anything actually better. Trump accelerated the atrophy exponentially and literally have us on an existential tipping point. The fact that he's dismantling the Post Office with very little pushback from the GOP is amazing to me. My parents get their meds through USPS and I still pay most of my bills via snail mail. Having to push up my mailing date by at least a week is just one more indignity that Dear Leader has foisted upon us. He's got to go or we're really screwed.

Kamala Harris is gonna mop the floor with Pence. He and Trumps hands are dripping with blood as a result of there appalling handling of Covid-19. Pence claims to be a Christian but hes almost as big a liar as President Pussy Grabber.

*Welp* New CNN poll has Trump pulling within 4 points of Biden. Of course, that poll has 31% of non-white voters going for Trump, which is hard to believe. But everybody needs to vote early this year. And if you can take somebody along to vote with you, give them the ride.

My main fear is that as a result you'll pile on more of the popular vote in California and places like that, and Biden might have a bigger margin over Trump than Hillary did, yet still Biden might not win because your convoluted system of voting for electoral colleges instead of directly for the candidates means that some people's votes are more equal than others depending on which state they live in.

Any rational system would have the candidate with the highest popular vote become president and ignore the individual states whose interests are adequately catered for in elections to the House of Representatives and to the Senate; but unfortunately this is not the case.

Yet you have the nerve to call yourself a democracy, and consequently the rest of the world has had to pay for the disaster of the last four years and may not survive what happens in the next four.

I'll say this,if by some twilight zone effort,trump wins,he's gonna need a bigger bunker..because this country is gonna explode.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    My main fear is that as a result you'll pile on more of the popular vote in California and places like that, and Biden might have a bigger margin over Trump than Hillary did, yet still Biden might not win because your convoluted system of voting for electoral colleges instead of directly for the candidates means that some people's votes are more equal than others depending on which state they live in.

Any rational system would have the candidate with the highest popular vote become president and ignore the individual states whose interests are adequately catered for in elections to the House of Representatives and to the Senate; but unfortunately this is not the case.

Yet you have the nerve to call yourself a democracy, and consequently the rest of the world has had to pay for the disaster of the last four years and may not survive what happens in the next four.
    This. The Electoral College is but one of the sickening vestiges of slavery; it gives more weight to former slaveholding states. Those who say "get over slavery" can kiss my entire ass.

This. The Electoral College is but one of the sickening vestiges of slavery; it gives more weight to former slaveholding states. Those who say "get over slavery" can kiss my entire ass.
    Man, I'm tired of hearing people say "I never owned slaves, got over slavery" and then suggesting that any treatment I get from the cops is justified because of "black on black crime". So let's get it right: You can't be held to account for the reprehensible act of some other white people but it's fine if I'm shot, tasered, beat or framed because of what some other Black people did? GTFOOH with that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I just want to see Trump out of the White House; that's the best I can hope for. I don't care much for Biden or Harris, don't much trust either. They're all politicians. Most Democrats like to hold you close, face to face and look straight into your eyes. Most
    Republicans prefer to come at you from behind pushing the back of your head towards
    the ground but in the end they all screw you....I expect Joe and Kamala will fu#k some
    aspects of my life up but I doubt it will be on the level Trump threatens right now...
    Basically how I feel. I'm not voting for Biden willingly, it's about voting out Trump. I hope this virus is neutralized by election time. Call it wishful thinking or naivete, but that's my prayer. And if it is a non factor, I plan on attending a Goodbye Trump party if I can find one. Seeing him defeated will give me celebratory pleasure and I'd love being among others who feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I'll say this,if by some twilight zone effort,trump wins,he's gonna need a bigger bunker..because this country is gonna explode.
    Yup. Folks gon set it off. This country is a powder keg. Lord have mercy if it's faced with four more years of trash.

Man, I'm tired of hearing people say "I never owned slaves, got over slavery" and then suggesting that any treatment I get from the cops is justified because of "black on black crime". So let's get it right: You can't be held to account for the reprehensible act of some other white people but it's fine if I'm shot, tasered, beat or framed because of what some other Black people did? GTFOOH with that nonsense.
    You just echoed my reply to some idiot a while back. Even their "heritage" argument makes no sense if they want us to get over it. But who the hell expects them to use logic when they Cosplay losing the war on the weekends?

Four more years of Trump, though, and the Confederacy may just rise again with his underhanded shenanigans. How much you wanna bet they're counting on that?

As I said earlier, the Biden-Harris ticket is not what I've been waiting for but I'm probably
    gonna bite a bullet and run with it more-so because of the shit I see coming from the
    repubs losing their cookies over it just like the kkk inclines did over Obama. The birther
    attempt and Rush Limpness slandering her...Trump has got to go and I wish he'd take all
    his racist ass idiot yes men with him.....

I hate to be a debbie downer,but i have it on good authority that the virus ain't leaving anytime soon!!

I saw where the GOP convention will feature that couple who pointed guns at the Black Lives Matter protesters in St. Louis. Also will have the kid who smirked so smugly at the Native American vet who intervened when the kid's class was about to battle with the Black Hebrew Israelites in DC a couple years ago. Really going out of their way to unify the country.

Good speech. I'm probably not going to watch the series of angry monosyllabic grunts that are going to be broadcast next week. I probably won't even watch any reviews either. Rumor has it Spanky will be speaking all four nights.

Good speech. I'm probably not going to watch the series of angry monosyllabic grunts that are going to be broadcast next week. I probably won't even watch any reviews either. Rumor has it Spanky will be speaking all four nights.
    He said "Spanky." #dead