Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
I've not read the book and I'm no expert on HDH but these were young people and many of the guys fancied Diana by all accounts so maybe the fallout was to do with that since Brian Holland was keen on her and Berry got "the prize" as it were.

Maybe the split wasn't all about money but about personal relationships generally. I'm sure I read somewhere that once when "I Hear A Symphony" came on the car radio, Brian pulled over and cried. Plus, potentially, the DRATS career could have been harmed the most by the departure of HDH. Are there any clues to that in the songs - "Reflections" seems quite deep?
The Diana Brian relationship ended before Diana and Berry were an item; Brian enlisted Berry to help Diana through the breakup. Brian stayed because of his children and in the end, he left. His wife is said to have been one of the meanest people who was physically violent on impulse and who eventually committed suicide.

There is a section on I Hear A Symphony and it definitely was regarded as special.

I’m halfway through and haven’t reached Reflections or the split.

It’s about $25 for a digital copy; it starts slowly but it’s a decent read.

All Motown fans should read it; it does change your view and debunks some widely held ideas.