[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Nancy Wilson: "How Glad I Am" Live in 1989

    This, my friends, is a master class in song styling. Listen to what a difference 25 years makes.


  2. #2
    Now that is a SINGER! A true songstress! Thank you Sansradio.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now that is a SINGER! A true songstress! Thank you Sansradio.
    You got it! Shes one of the few singers my mother really admired.

  4. #4
    One of the great ladies of song..ever!!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    One of the great ladies of song..ever!!
    Amen and amen! Im so sorry I never got to see her live before she retired.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    This, my friends, is a master class in song styling. Listen to what a difference 25 years makes.

    She had a special gift that few others have ever had. Everything about this reeks of class. The voice, the style,the poise, the star quality and the stage presence. A true legend. Thanks for posting.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She had a special gift that few others have ever had. Everything about this reeks of class. The voice, the style,the poise, the star quality and the stage presence. A true legend. Thanks for posting.
    My pleasure, my friend!

  8. #8
    [QUOTE=sansradio;473720]This, my friends, is a master class in song styling. Listen to what a difference 25 years makes.

    [video=youtube;Q48GbOy

    And that's exactly what she was, Song Stylist extraordinaire!

  9. #9
    I agree with all the comments. I wish I could have experienced her live in concert!

  10. Great Lady.

  11. #11
    She is also an actress

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She is also an actress
    Wow, I forgot that she was an actress too and a very good one!

    I remember when Frankie Crocker would play her music on WBLS in NYC, he would announce in his smooth baritone voice, ladies and gentleman, "The Baby" Nancy Wilson. Those were the days!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Wow, I forgot that she was an actress too and a very good one!

    I remember when Frankie Crocker would play her music on WBLS in NYC, he would announce in his smooth baritone voice, ladies and gentleman, "The Baby" Nancy Wilson. Those were the days!
    Sister, Nancy has appeared on many popular television shows from I Spy (more or less playing herself as a Las Vegas singer in the 1966 episode "Lori", and a similar character in the 1973 episode "The Confession" of The F.B.I., Room 222, Hawaii Five-O, Police Story, The Cosby Show, The Andy Williams Show, The Carol Burnett Show, Soul Food, New York Undercover, and recently Moesha, and The Parkers. She was in movie too, I can't remember the name at the moment.

    I miss Frankie Crocker. His cousin was married to a good friend of mine. Frankie came back to WBLS for a brief while in the mid 90s and it was like the good old days.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.