[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Jackie Jackson Admits Death of Brother Michael "Still Painful"

    https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/c...reaks-13004360

    Michael Jackson's brother Jackie breaks down on RTE Radio 1 ahead of Dublin gig

    Jackie said performing helps his family and the King of Pop's fans to process his death

    Michael Jackson's brother Jackie broke down on RTE Radio 1 this morning as he admitted his brother's death is still "very painful".

    The King of Pop died of a heart attack at his rented LA mansion on June 25, 2009. He had taken a concoction of pills to help him sleep.

    Speaking to Dave Fanning, Jackie Jackson said he was in Las Vegas with his wife and nephews when he learned that superstar brother Michael was dead, Dublin Live reports.

    He said: "I was walking through the Venetian Hotel and I had Jermaine's boys with me because they were visiting me for the summer.

    "I was passing by this store where Michael buys a lot of his antiques and all of a sudden they had a monitor up showing Michael buying antiques inside the store. And all of a sudden this guy said, 'I heard Michael Jackson just died'.

    "I turned around and looked at him and I just kept walking, I didn't think anything about it. We just kept walking, myself and my wife and Jermaine's sons, and then I heard someone else saying, 'Michael Jackson just died'.

    "So I get on the phone and I call my mom and my mom said, 'Yes Jackie, he's dead. He's gone'."

    The singer broke down as he revealed: "Someone had to drive me home, I couldn't drive home. It's very painful."

    The Jacksons are coming to Dublin this weekend to perform at Dun Laoghaire's Beatyard festival.

    Jackie said performing helps his family and the King of Pop's fans to process his death.

    Jackie said: "It's good therapy for us to go on the road and perform in front of fans, because they want us to come out, to sing the Jackson Five songs, to sing some of Michael's songs as well.

    "We honour him on stage and that's what they want, it's healing for them as well.

    "We know that on stage at any given moment, Michael would be giving 110 per cent and that's what we try to give as well."

  2. #2
    Thank you for this Midnightman.

  3. #3
    It's sad that his brother's death became such a public event. One never gets over that kind of death, but for most of us when we lose loved ones we usually get the chance to grieve in a normal way for a normal period of time. The Jacksons never had any privacy and so many people thought they had a right to MJ's death on the same level as the family. There's no respect.

  4. #4
    Right. He had to hear strangers say "you know Michael Jackson died?"

    Just nuts.

  5. #5
    Why is this a big deal...everyone misses a loved one when they pass!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Why is this a big deal...everyone misses a loved one when they pass!!!
    It's Michael Jackson. That's all you need to know.

    But seriously, they do this for any celebrity's relative.

    When Mitch Winehouse, Cissy Houston or Abraham Quintanilla talk about their loved ones and how painful their deaths still are, it makes similar news.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Why is this a big deal...everyone misses a loved one when they pass!!!
    They need the publicity. I can only hope it's not the absence of a cash infusion is not what Jackie is finding painful.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    They need the publicity. I can only hope it's not the absence of a cash infusion is not what Jackie is finding painful.
    I suspect there is something to what you say

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    They need the publicity. I can only hope it's not the absence of a cash infusion is not what Jackie is finding painful.
    Doubt it. Jackie really loved his little brother...



    He was one of the few members of his family (I include Marlon, Janet and Tito in it as the other relatives who MJ didn't mind) that didn't try to take advantage of Michael's generosity while others obviously used him for their own purposes (*coughJERMAINEcough*) but that's a long story and I don't wanna get into it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    They need the publicity. I can only hope it's not the absence of a cash infusion is not what Jackie is finding painful.
    What a twisted mind..... geez.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Doubt it. Jackie really loved his little brother...



    He was one of the few members of his family (I include Marlon, Janet and Tito in it as the other relatives who MJ didn't mind) that didn't try to take advantage of Michael's generosity while others obviously used him for their own purposes (*coughJERMAINEcough*) but that's a long story and I don't wanna get into it.
    He is also the only one of his siblings to receive something from Michael's will. Jackie receives $6,000 a month according to Michael's Will.

  12. #12
    Luckily those lawyers running the estate have done a spectacular job and taken it from being bankrupt to being very lucrative

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Luckily those lawyers running the estate have done a spectacular job and taken it from being bankrupt to being very lucrative
    They would not have been able to do anything if they did not have the best of the best to represent........Michael Jackson! His work is still making millions.

  14. #14
    Thanks for sharing Midnightman. Indeed, Michael Jackson's death will always be painful for The Jackson Family and I believe Jackie Jackson when he says that performing with The Jacksons is helping him to process his ongoing grief.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I suspect there is something to what you say
    Sadly most accounts of the family would point to that. After all, this is a family who's father paraded a second-rate imitator at an awards show days after one member's death. And if 'ya believe anything MJ ever alluded to about the family during his lifetime ... And remember the scene with Paris in the driveway, and Gladys on The View saying 'That's just THAT family. It always has been'. So to think otherwise is to imply that Gladys & MJ were both fibbin' ...
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-04-2018 at 08:11 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Sadly most accounts of the family would point to that. After all, this is a family who's father paraded a second-rate imitator at an awards show days after one member's death. And if 'ya believe anything MJ ever alluded to about the family during his lifetime ... And remember the scene with Paris in the driveway, and Gladys on The View saying 'That's just THAT family. It always has been'. So to think otherwise is to imply that Gladys & MJ were both fibbin' ...
    The Jackson's are a great American Family! They are normal and some just can't stand that!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Sadly most accounts of the family would point to that. After all, this is a family who's father paraded a second-rate imitator at an awards show days after one member's death. And if 'ya believe anything MJ ever alluded to about the family during his lifetime ... And remember the scene with Paris in the driveway, and Gladys on The View saying 'That's just THAT family. It always has been'. So to think otherwise is to imply that Gladys & MJ were both fibbin' ...
    Like I said, there were obviously several members of the family that seek money by any means necessary. I think the ones confronting Paris and Prince that day were Jermaine, Randy, Reebie and Janet (who I feel only went because Randy told her since she and him are still close; that same day after they were unable to "stop" Prince and Paris from seeing their grandmother, Janet and Jermaine were caught by paparazzo in a heated argument). I don't think Jackie, Tito and Marlon were even there.

    And we know how Jermaine and Randy are! I just doubt Jackie is like that or Tito and Marlon.

    It's always been Jermaine for the most part!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Like I said, there were obviously several members of the family that seek money by any means necessary. I think the ones confronting Paris and Prince that day were Jermaine, Randy, Reebie and Janet (who I feel only went because Randy told her since she and him are still close; that same day after they were unable to "stop" Prince and Paris from seeing their grandmother, Janet and Jermaine were caught by paparazzo in a heated argument). I don't think Jackie, Tito and Marlon were even there.

    And we know how Jermaine and Randy are! I just doubt Jackie is like that or Tito and Marlon.

    It's always been Jermaine for the most part!
    Oh please and don't forget Toy Toy......she is nuts.

    Rebe and Jackie have always seemed grounded to me. Perhaps they were older and not affected as much.

  19. #19
    I think it's fairly well known that Michael and the brothers had little or no contact for years.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Oh please and don't forget Toy Toy......she is nuts.

    Rebe and Jackie have always seemed grounded to me. Perhaps they were older and not affected as much.
    Yeah I knew that for years about La Toya lol

    Rebbie and Jackie were also the oldest so they probably are a lot more humble, Jackie more so than Rebbie.

    I always thought La Toya, Jermaine and Randy were the grifters in the family. Still do.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.