[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post

...DFTMC also notes that 'I'll Keep Holding On' was also recorded entirely at Hitsville, completed on April 21 1965.

I've also heard the story that the tape of 'I'll Keep Holding On' was flown out to NYC for vocals.

Not heard the same about 'Danger Heartbreak Dead Ahead'...but if the story is true about 'IKHO', then it could be true about 'DHDA'...except the recording dates don't appear to tally?...
    I'd like to correct my earlier post. In the notes for DELIVER: THE SINGLES 1961-1971, it is mentioned that I'LL KEEP HOLDING ON was unusual among Marvelettes songs because it was recorded in New York instead of Detroit. There is a quote from Gladys Horton:

"Mickey Stevenson came to New York and they rented a studio. They wanted to get those songs recorded so bad they couldn't wait for us to get back to Detroit."

I mistakenly thought the other song was HEARTBREAK because Gladys mentioned "songs" plural in her quote, but the notes neglect to mention what the other songs might be.
    Last edited by reese; 07-06-2018 at 05:57 PM.