[REMOVE ADS]

THE PARLIAMENTS - You're not hurting him [[You're hurting me) - Jobete acetate

written by George Clinton, George Kerr, Stanley Ossman)
    Name:  S05.tif.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  100.1 KB
    This is the first track George Clinton wrote for Jobete in September 1963.

From the book George Clinton and P-Funk for more information go to www.themusicbookcollector.com

This is interesting! I had no idea that George Clinton was involved with Motown as early as 1963. Thank you marcel_visser.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marcel_visser View Post
    written by George Clinton, George Kerr, Stanley Ossman)
    Name:  S05.tif.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  100.1 KB
    This is the first track George Clinton wrote for Jobete in September 1963.

From the book George Clinton and P-Funk for more information go to www.themusicbookcollector.com

Is that your acetate marcel_visser? And who's the artist on it?

In High School in Detroit, I skipped school one day with a bunch of friends and we crossed the river into Windsor to go on the show "Swingin' Time." The Parliaments were appearing live that day. I don't remember what they sang, but I remember sitting next to one of them and telling him that my favorite record of theirs was "All Your Goodies Are Gone," to which he replied "We thought no one heard that except us!" Even as the Parliaments they were dressed in way out costumes, long robes and lots of jewelry as I recall. They were gracious and funny to this white kid who really got into their music!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  21.1 KB
    Marcel has already told us that The Parliaments are the artists. They sang several demos of his Jobete songs [[Tamala Lewis and Roy Handy sang the others).

Ben je Nederlander, Marcel?

Can anyone upload an MP3 [[or. at least a snippet) of this song? I'd surely love to hear it!

George Clinton's Jobete compositions include the following:- 1. A Small Part of You [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 2. Be On Your Way [[Clinton) 3. Come On Down [[Clinton, Blackburn, Thomas) 4. Girl Friend [[Clinton, Lewis, Thomas, Haskin) 5. Hear Say [[Clinton) 6. Heresay [[Clinton, Fallon, Miller) 7. Hold On [[Clinton, Harris) 8. Holy Smoke [[Clinton, Thomas, Haskin) 9. I Feel Good [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 10. I Found Out the Hard Way [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 11. I Waited [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 12. I Want to Thank You [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 13. I'm Never Gonna Tell It [[Clinton, Fallon, Miller) 14. I've Got to Find This Girl [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 15. If It Were True [[Clinton) 16. It's Unfair [[Clinton) 17. Junk Man [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 18. Keep On Keeping On [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 19. Let's Make Some Noise [[Haskin, Clinton, Thomas) 20. Little Fooler [[Clinton, McCoy, Bratton) 21. Oo Mother [[Clinton, Harris) 22. So Long, Goodbye, I'm Sorry [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 23. Some Things Weren't Meant to Be [[Clinton, Haskin, Thomas) 24. We Hurt Too [[Clinton, Thomas, Haskin) 25. What Did He Do [[That I Didn't Do) [[Clinton, Thomas, Haskin) 26. Who Knows It [[Clinton, Fallon, Miller) 27. Why Did She Lie [[Clinton, Haskin, Thomas) 28. Woe Is Me [[Haskin, Clinton, Harris) 29. You Are the One [[Clinton, Thomas, Haskin) 30. You're Not Hurting Her [[You're Hurting Me) [[Kerr, Ossman, Clinton) 31. Your Honour [[Miller, Fallon, Clinton) 32. Your Love Is Worth the Try [[Clinton, Haskin, Thomas) The Jobete catalogue also includes Make Plans for Two [[Clinton, Barnes). I wonder if this is an error; George Kerr, Sidney Barnes seems more likely.
    Per [[mr_postman)6-ZenithUsername: mr_postmanPost Number: 482Registered: 10-2006Posted From: 217.211.92.236
    Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 5:53 am: ��

There is a great discussion in the archives. 144 man lists many George Clinton Jobete compositions including the song in question.
    Motown-Fan mentions that George was already at Motown in 1962.

http://faac.us/adf/messages/150056/1...tml?1195759944

Views: 539
    I believe that that quote about George Clinton writing for Motown in 1962 is inaccurate, Raynoma Gordy didn't go to New york to set up the Jobete Music office until mid 1963. She and Eddy singleton couldn't have started to recruit writers and producers until then. George responded to their advert. He signed in New York. he did NOT go to Detroit, Motown had no one in New York until mid 1963.

Obviously Motown-Fan's dad was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 539
    I believe that that quote about George Clinton writing for Motown in 1962 is inaccurate, Raynoma Gordy didn't go to New york to set up the Jobete Music office until mid 1963. She and Eddy singleton couldn't have started to recruit writers and producers until then. George responded to their advert. He signed in New York. he did NOT go to Detroit, Motown had no one in New York until mid 1963.
    That was always my understanding in regards to the New York office.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    George Clinton's Jobete compositions include the following:- 1. A Small Part of You [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 2. Be On Your Way [[Clinton) 3. Come On Down [[Clinton, Blackburn, Thomas) 4. Girl Friend [[Clinton, Lewis, Thomas, Haskin) 5. Hear Say [[Clinton) 6. Heresay [[Clinton, Fallon, Miller) 7. Hold On [[Clinton, Harris) 8. Holy Smoke [[Clinton, Thomas, Haskin) 9. I Feel Good [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 10. I Found Out the Hard Way [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 11. I Waited [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 12. I Want to Thank You [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 13. I'm Never Gonna Tell It [[Clinton, Fallon, Miller) 14. I've Got to Find This Girl [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 15. If It Were True [[Clinton) 16. It's Unfair [[Clinton) 17. Junk Man [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 18. Keep On Keeping On [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 19. Let's Make Some Noise [[Haskin, Clinton, Thomas) 20. Little Fooler [[Clinton, McCoy, Bratton) 21. Oo Mother [[Clinton, Harris) 22. So Long, Goodbye, I'm Sorry [[Clinton, Harris, Haskin) 23. Some Things Weren't Meant to Be [[Clinton, Haskin, Thomas) 24. We Hurt Too [[Clinton, Thomas, Haskin) 25. What Did He Do [[That I Didn't Do) [[Clinton, Thomas, Haskin) 26. Who Knows It [[Clinton, Fallon, Miller) 27. Why Did She Lie [[Clinton, Haskin, Thomas) 28. Woe Is Me [[Haskin, Clinton, Harris) 29. You Are the One [[Clinton, Thomas, Haskin) 30. You're Not Hurting Her [[You're Hurting Me) [[Kerr, Ossman, Clinton) 31. Your Honour [[Miller, Fallon, Clinton) 32. Your Love Is Worth the Try [[Clinton, Haskin, Thomas) The Jobete catalogue also includes Make Plans for Two [[Clinton, Barnes). I wonder if this is an error; George Kerr, Sidney Barnes seems more likely.
    Per [[mr_postman)6-ZenithUsername: mr_postmanPost Number: 482Registered: 10-2006Posted From: 217.211.92.236
    Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 5:53 am: ��
    When I type reply with a quote this comes up with a normal white background although it also includes all of the font instructions. Can someone explain why?...As posted, it's a
    strain for me to read, as much as I felt I had to being curious about anything GC related.
    Other than that, I see George wrote a lot with Fuzzy Haskins and third parties but who recorded these songs if anyone? Many I've never heard anywhere. Where did this info come from?....
    And another thing: I'm with robb on this one. It'd be nice to actually hear the
    freakin' track! I couldn't find it on youtube or dailymotion...
    Last edited by splanky; 05-25-2014 at 07:58 AM.

The info came from the Jobete catalog. See the link in post #7 for an explanation.