[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have many Temptations stories and recollections having gotten to know them..especially Paul as a young teenager...I do recall one event along this topic...It was 85 or 86 maybe as I was visiting the MoWest studios with my brother to see Russ Terrana. As we were standing in the vestibule between the two studios...several Temptations walked in along with Dennis Edwards who had been released from the group, as if I was a part of the conversation while awaiting Otis' arrival. Dennis started wondering aloud with his former group mates if Otis would let him back in the group. Dennis was there to lobby Otis for readmission which I believe he did get back in for a while at that point.
    Last edited by StuBass1; 02-21-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I have many Temptations stories and recollections having gotten to know them..especially Paul as a young teenager...I do recall one event along this topic...It was 85 or 86 maybe as I was visiting the MoWest studios with my brother to see Russ Terrana. As we were standing in the vestibule between the two studios...several Temptations walked in along with Dennis Edwards who had been released from the group, as if I was a part of the conversation while awaiting Otis' arrival. Dennis started wondering aloud with his former group mates if Otis would let him back in the group. Dennis was there to lobby Otis for readmission which I believe he did get back in for a while at that point.
    Stu, he, Dennis got his spot back for one year and one album in 1987. The only single from that period that I recall is :

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Stu, he, Dennis got his spot back for one year and one album in 1987. The only single from that period that I recall is :

I love this video.
    If Billy Dee Williams told me Not to ever sing this song; I wouldn't sing it.

edafan

Here's an inquiry left of center, since there was a MoWest studio....were there ever a free standing MoWest office or was it incorporated under the "Motown" umbrella save for Melodyland Nashville, because it is my understanding that Nashville doesn't take you seriously until you have an office on Music Row or in Nashville in general?

Motown's offices were in a high rise on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood...Obviously rented enough space to have the Motown logo in front of the building...The studio was not far away in W. Hollywood...Berry Gordy's ex wife Rae Singleton ran the studio operation...

Motown's offices were in a high rise on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood...Obviously rented enough space to have the Motown logo in front of the building...The studio was not far away in W. Hollywood...Berry Gordy's ex wife Rae Singleton ran the studio operation...
    Thanks Stu. Raynoma is listed as Executive Producer for one of the most underrated albums, the "Sherrick" debut by the late Sheerick....a great Motown inspired album.