[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Man, I still take off my hat in elevators when there are ladies present. And walking down the street with a female, I always make sure I'm on the side of traffic. And I still call my elders "sir" and "ma'am". Not sure why things like manner and decorum have been forgotten in our society but it appears that they're gone forever.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised about a generation that thinks it's kosher to walk around with your underwear showing and your pants barely hanging onto your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Man, I still take off my hat in elevators when there are ladies present. And walking down the street with a female, I always make sure I'm on the side of traffic. And I still call my elders "sir" and "ma'am". Not sure why things like manner and decorum have been forgotten in our society but it appears that they're gone forever.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised about a generation that thinks it's kosher to walk around with your underwear showing and your pants barely hanging onto your knees.
    How true. In elevators and indoors. I'm 55, and I still take off my hat indoors! Even when no one else does!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post

To your second point, Jerry: I truly believe it also ramped up after corporate world's Casual Friday engulfed the whole week! It's nothing to see biz people decked out in a stained logo t, pre-ripped/holed ratty jeans, and runned-over-by-a-Mack truck sneeks!! And don't get me started on the multi-,colored hair [[didn't Grandma start that trend in the ,'60',s?!)

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    To your second point, Jerry: I truly believe it also ramped up after corporate world's Casual Friday engulfed the whole week! It's nothing to see biz people decked out in a stained logo t, pre-ripped/holed ratty jeans, and runned-over-by-a-Mack truck sneeks!! And don't get me started on the multi-,colored hair [[didn't Grandma start that trend in the ,'60',s?!)
    ...or flip-flops/sliders, also with matching logo!!!!