[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very interesting list, and i think we can all [[well almost all) appreciate the great material Diana put out in the 90's. I was lucky enough to be up close and personal with her during this very creative but sorely overlooked period of her career in the States. Some of these choices would not figure in my list, but it is different strokes for different folks i guess. the three 90's albums found our girl at her vocal peak and at the happiest period of her life until it all began to unwind at the end of the decade. Happy memories!
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 04-17-2018 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Not finished my post

Bluebrock - Have loved your posts about Diana during the 80s and 90s.

What would be ur list for top 15 tunes from her Motown 2.0 period?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Bluebrock - Have loved your posts about Diana during the 80s and 90s.

What would be ur list for top 15 tunes from her Motown 2.0 period?
    I would have to think long and hard about that one sup fan. I love almost everything on Force behind the power and Take me higher, and there are a few gems on everyday is a new day, not to mention a few excellent outtakes. Many of these songs have a special personal meaning for me for both happy and sad reasons. It really is too difficult to chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Very interesting list, and i think we can all [[well almost all) appreciate the great material Diana put out in the 90's. I was lucky enough to be up close and personal with her during this very creative but sorely overlooked period of her career in the States. Some of these choices would not figure in my list, but it is different strokes for different folks i guess. the three 90's albums found our girl at her vocal peak and at the happiest period of her life until it all began to unwind at the end of the decade. Happy memories!
    I love having these underplayed titles in my collection; an exquisite talent at a vocal peak and lots of great material. It's great to revisit these albums and I hope expanded versions appear as the RCA's did a while back. I love that Diana never had to stoop to selling recalled 'memories' and gossip nor 'support' spurious 'charities' for a quick buck when her commercial period reached it's climax. The lady is a CHAMP!!