Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
We had pretty much the same routine, except Columbus didn't have Saturday afternoon movies until we got cable. Then, Superhost came on channel 43 from Cleveland. Super Corny would have been a better name because he was also their main news anchor during the week, but with a poor-fitting Superman suit and red makeup on his nose. He made me laugh involuntarily during the news because I kept seeing Superhost talking about fires and bank robberies. Then, the Ghoul came on channel 61 at midnight [[I think we talked about him) and he was the best ever, including Elvira [[except for her perfect boobs). After he got fired, we watched Hoolihan & Big Chuck on yet another Cleveland channel late on Saturday night.

Cable TV changed the game for me and my friends.
I think I mentioned this before. We did not get cable TV until around 1982-83 and I did not see it until I came home on school breaks. All through the 60s and 70s we only got local channels with a roof antenna. We got one of those big rotary tower antenna's in 1973 which allowed us to get a few more independent channels in Detroit and a few more Canadian stations up into Ontario. Honestly, we did not know cable TV even existed until the 80s.