[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for posting, thanxal. I'm looking forward to hearing the other alternate versions on the cassette, especially the unique edit of "Let Yourself Go".

I don't quite agree that "Touch" is this great hit that never was. It's too slight, though pleasant. I'd love to hear a Jean solo version - I'd wager that it was keyed for Jean as, to my ears, it sounds a touch too high for Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Thanks for posting, thanxal. I'm looking forward to hearing the other alternate versions on the cassette, especially the unique edit of "Let Yourself Go".

I don't quite agree that "Touch" is this great hit that never was. It's too slight, though pleasant. I'd love to hear a Jean solo version - I'd wager that it was keyed for Jean as, to my ears, it sounds a touch too high for Mary.
    I didn't catch that. I assumed it was on the Let Yourself Go Boxed Set, but it wasn't. Anyone know if it has appeared elsewhere? If not, I'll post it too. All other songs on the cassette have been released elsewhere, per George Solomon.
    Last edited by thanxal; 08-03-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I didn't catch that. I assumed it was on the Let Yourself Go Boxed Set, but it wasn't. Anyone know if it has appeared elsewhere? If not, I'll post it too. All other songs on the cassette have been released elsewhere, per George Solomon.
    Thanxal I don't know about LYG, but if it hasn't been released elsewhere I for one would appreciate if you uploaded it. Also George's notes say that the cassette version of "Where Do I Go From Here" hasn't been released on cd either so if you could upload that I would be grateful. The 70s Hits and Rare Classics was my introduction to the 70s Supremes [[aside from "Heart Do the Walking" and "Early Morning Love") and learning that some of those songs I initially enjoyed are somewhat different than the subsequent versions I eventually obtained has me wanting to hear them again. I'm ticked that my copy is in a box in another state.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Thanxal I don't know about LYG, but if it hasn't been released elsewhere I for one would appreciate if you uploaded it. Also George's notes say that the cassette version of "Where Do I Go From Here" hasn't been released on cd either so if you could upload that I would be grateful. The 70s Hits and Rare Classics was my introduction to the 70s Supremes [[aside from "Heart Do the Walking" and "Early Morning Love") and learning that some of those songs I initially enjoyed are somewhat different than the subsequent versions I eventually obtained has me wanting to hear them again. I'm ticked that my copy is in a box in another state.
    I thought Where Do I Go from Here was the Lp mix, but you are correct. On further reading, George said that mix was also unavailable elsewhere. I'll upload that and LYG soon.

I thought Where Do I Go from Here was the Lp mix, but you are correct. On further reading, George said that mix was also unavailable elsewhere. I'll upload that and LYG soon.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

"Touch" has never been one of my favorite songs. To me the song needed to be faster or slower, which is why I actually like the slowed down MSC Live in Japan version. This is really a beautiful mix, superior to the others I've heard. Shame it hasn't been released on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

"Touch" has never been one of my favorite songs. To me the song needed to be faster or slower, which is why I actually like the slowed down MSC Live in Japan version. This is really a beautiful mix, superior to the others I've heard. Shame it hasn't been released on cd.
    You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome!

Edit: I also noticed excessive tape hiss on Touch. I may re-convert it. I'll post a new thread with links to all three when I get them finished. Cassette tape to iMac is a bit of a pain. And weird. Who knew?
    Last edited by thanxal; 08-03-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: more info

Edit: I also noticed excessive tape hiss on Touch. I may re-convert it. I'll post a new thread with links to all three when I get them finished. Cassette tape to iMac is a bit of a pain. And weird. Who knew?
    I have quite a few cassettes that I would love to convert to my Mac computer. What set up do you use?

You noted that TOUCH with less hiss would be re-posted at the same time the other two cassette tracks were posted. I saw all three and later when I went back suddenly the TOUCH repost was gone. Am I mistaken? Thanks for your efforts!!!