[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Heck, you would be too if Scherrie Payne had broken up with you! LOL!
    I believe Lamont was going through a divorce at the time of both "Out Here" and "Black Bach". Not sure if Scherrie was his wife or not, but I know the contents are about a failed marriage. Being a Detroit resident maybe you can give me some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    I believe Lamont was going through a divorce at the time of both "Out Here" and "Black Bach". Not sure if Scherrie was his wife or not, but I know the contents are about a failed marriage. Being a Detroit resident maybe you can give me some clarification.
    As far as I can remember, Scherrie was with Lamont through most of 1974. She joined the Supremes in the Fall of 1973.

Quinn, to be honest, I was a teenager at that time and was not thinking about Lamont Dozier and Scherrie Payne like that. I know that when he ran into Mary Wilson at a party in LA during the latter part of 1973, she told him she was looking for a new singer for the Supremes. Lamont recommended his girlfriend Scherrie Payne. So that tells me that they were a couple at least during that time.

Quinn, no. Lamont went through a divorce in 1968. He married his current wife Barbara in 1980. So between 1968-80 he was single which is during the period he was with Scherrie and also when both "Out Here [[1973) and "Black Bach" [[1974) were released.