[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jerry do you remember several months ago when the media were saying that the Eagles Greatest Hits album was the all time best selling album? Then it turned out that was just for the U.S.? They never included that part in their headlines, so now many believe the Eagles have outsold Michael Jackson's "Thriller" which is not even close to being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jerry do you remember several months ago when the media were saying that the Eagles Greatest Hits album was the all time best selling album? Then it turned out that was just for the U.S.? They never included that part in their headlines, so now many believe the Eagles have outsold Michael Jackson's "Thriller" which is not even close to being the case.
    It's all click bait. Blogs and web sites get more money due to more people opening their articles. So if you make a subjective and ridiculous statement appear to be objective, people will check it out. It doesn't matter that we're disappointed after we got there because they're going to be paid by the number of hits they got anyway.

That's why you have so many sports radio hosts instigating certain fan bases that they know are sensitive. Collin Cowherd and Stephen A. Smith do that. Those fans go to the station's web site and post thousands of negative comments and the host can use the attention that he generates when he's pushing for his next raise. It's the same thing with saying that Any song is the "song of the century" or any album is somehow the top selling album in spite of well-documented facts to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    It's all click bait. Blogs and web sites get more money due to more people opening their articles. So if you make a subjective and ridiculous statement appear to be objective, people will check it out. It doesn't matter that we're disappointed after we got there because they're going to be paid by the number of hits they got anyway.

That's why you have so many sports radio hosts instigating certain fan bases that they know are sensitive. Collin Cowherd and Stephen A. Smith do that. Those fans go to the station's web site and post thousands of negative comments and the host can use the attention that he generates when he's pushing for his next raise. It's the same thing with saying that Any song is the "song of the century" or any album is somehow the top selling album in spite of well-documented facts to the contrary.
    I can't stand Stephen A. Smith!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I can't stand Stephen A. Smith!
    He tries way too hard. And seeing him buddy it up with Sheriff David Clarke just furthered my dislike of him. I've got choice words for him that I don't use for many brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    He tries way too hard. And seeing him buddy it up with Sheriff David Clarke just furthered my dislike of him. I've got choice words for him that I don't use for many brothers.
    I also have choice words for him that I won't use on the forum. LOL! He is a jerk!