Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
Hate it, hate it, hate it. This just wasn't the direction she should have been going in and I wish someone had jumped up in her face and told her that. Women she had grown up in the business with were still remaining relevant: Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Gladys Knight. And then here comes Ross with this crap? Yikes. Now I'm not knocking anyone's like of the EA album. You like what you like, success probably not being a factor. I know it isn't in regards to my likes and dislikes. But does anyone here really think this was the direction Diana should've gone in?

I do love "Chain Reaction", but mostly because it kind of reminds me of old Motown for some reason. [[I know I mentioned in the forum before that I think had the Motown 25 reunion gone good, a song like "Chain Reaction" might've worked for a one off reunion project.) And only in recent years have I started liking "Eaten Alive" after Diana's live performance on an award show. She was great. Made me appreciate the song more.

I just wish I knew what Ross was thinking during this period. How did she watch her fellow diva legends do what they do and not seriously consider her steps?

As for these demos, I did a few seconds like a poster above and then cut it off. I'm not a fan of the Bee Gees voices at all. [[Although I am a huge Andy Gibb fan. Go figure that.)
She had been scheduled to work with the Gibbs a few years earlier, but she turned down "islands in the stream" which Barry Gibb had planned to be a duet between himself and Diana. It was inevitable they would eventually work together.