[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This was one of the first songs where I learned there were different versions of the same song that were floating around. I remember buying the original soundtrack of “thank God it’s Friday“, and the song at that time and in the early pressings of the album is called “livin’, lovin’, givin’“. For some reason I had to exchange that album for another copy, I think it skipped on one side, and when I got the newer copy of the album the song had been re-titled to The name we all know it as, “Lovin’, Livin’ and Givin’“ and the track had been replaced with a fuller, longer and more lush mix. I went from not liking the song at all on the first album to really liking it a lot on the second one. I also realized that there were such things as alternate mixes of songs and you didn’t always know which one you were getting!

i’m just wondering if anyone else knew that album had changed its track inclusion for that one song. I don’t recall any of the other tracks being changed.
    Last edited by kenneth; 06-01-2021 at 09:28 AM.