[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Knowing about Tammi going back into the studio after surgery to record You're All I Need To Get By, together with the ensuing challenges, makes this song even more heartfelt. To think Tammi thought she sounded weak too. For me this is the benchmark duet song for any genre and artists.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Knowing about Tammi going back into the studio after surgery to record You're All I Need To Get By, together with the ensuing challenges, makes this song even more heartfelt. To think Tammi thought she sounded weak too. For me this is the benchmark duet song for any genre and artists.
    I'm sure about everyone knows this, but when it gets to the bridges, you can actually hear Marvin going, "come on baby!" and "come on Tammi!"

I loved their partnership. You can tell they cared for each other.

When it got to the part in Unsung where Ernest Garrett talked about Marvin seeing Tammi at the audience in the Apollo Theater and rushing over to her where they sang "You're All I Need", tears came down my face.

What a tragedy. RIP Tammi.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I'm sure about everyone knows this, but when it gets to the bridges, you can actually hear Marvin going, "come on baby!" and "come on Tammi!"

I loved their partnership. You can tell they cared for each other.

When it got to the part in Unsung where Ernest Garrett talked about Marvin seeing Tammi at the audience in the Apollo Theater and rushing over to her where they sang "You're All I Need", tears came down my face.

What a tragedy. RIP Tammi.
    On the stereo mix you can clearly hear Marvin say "Tammi listen" just before he sings "Like an eagle protects his nest for you I'll do my best......" This really has to be one of the most personal and caring performances ever. Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    On the stereo mix you can clearly hear Marvin say "Tammi listen" just before he sings "Like an eagle protects his nest for you I'll do my best......" This really has to be one of the most personal and caring performances ever. Magic!
    I sure can.
    That song moves me more than any other M&T song... maybe just the way they carried each other and Marvin guiding her to belt it out as best as she could...

I consider that song THE masterpiece of the Marvin & Tammi era.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

I consider that song THE masterpiece of the Marvin & Tammi era.
    Without sounding too dramatic, I regard this song as the benchmark for all duets anywhere. Never has so much feeling been captured in one song. A wonderful legacy to Marvin and Tammi that nobody can take away.

As to Valerie singing on Easy, I think it might be a case of some of her guide vocals being left in the mix to "sweeten", using a word often associated with the Andantes, where Tammi might have been struggling a bit.