[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Can I add that President Obama has always enjoyed a favourable reputation with Brits until he chose to speak against the LEAVE campaign during a recent visit. That was not a good idea and just a little too personal for some of those in the 52% camp.

I am sure Americans would not approve of our Prime Minister telling America how they should run their country. If he did, I would expect a far greater backlash than us Brits gave to President Obama!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Can I add that President Obama has always enjoyed a favourable reputation with Brits until he chose to speak against the LEAVE campaign during a recent visit. That was not a good idea and just a little too personal for some of those in the 52% camp.

I am sure Americans would not approve of our Prime Minister telling America how they should run their country. If he did, I would expect a far greater backlash than us Brits gave to President Obama!
    You'd better hope that Donald Trump doesn't become the next U.S. President.

As much as you guys didn't like Pres. Obama warning you, he was right. You should have listened!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    You'd better hope that Donald Trump doesn't become the next U.S. President.

As much as you guys didn't like Pres. Obama warning you, he was right. You should have listened!
    Soulster

I am quite capable of making my own decisions and I don't need for anyone to be telling me what I should or should not be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Soulster

I am quite capable of making my own decisions and I don't need for anyone to be telling me what I should or should not be doing.
    He wasn't telling you what to do, he was warning you, and he is right...for now.

I understand about sovereignty. We Americans fought you over it centuries ago, and it was probably pretty rough.

A lot of the message we are getting here about the motivation for Brexit is about your issues with immigration, largely from Mediterranean, East Asian, and Middle Eastern countries, amid worries of terrorist attacks. From what I have been reading, this has been largely blamed for the depressed economic issues. Is the rise of racial attacks on the rise a result of embolden racists who latched onto the Leaves?
    Last edited by soulster; 06-27-2016 at 08:16 PM.