[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    No she didn't ask a question but she was indeed there, and was introduced to Ms Ross after the recording.
    Bluebrock I thought it was funny on "tfif" when evans warned diana about "an audience" and she replied "I know I've seen some terrible ones.." she has quite a wit

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Bluebrock I thought it was funny on "tfif" when evans warned diana about "an audience" and she replied "I know I've seen some terrible ones.." she has quite a wit
    She has a wonderful sense of humour when it suits her. She can be downright hilarious, but when being interviewed she usually came across as being too reserved and constantly on her guard. She was paranoid about being misquoted. I often sat backstage just wishing she would let go of the reins and cut loose. She did not enjoy being interviewed. She regarded it as a necessary evil, but i am sure the public would have warmed to her more had she been relaxed and more like the person she was offstage. An audience could easily have mistaken her cautious approach as arrogance or rudeness. It still frustrates me rewatching these old interviews and knowing had she just been herself she would have captivated her audience the way she captivated them when on stage.

She has a wonderful sense of humour when it suits her. She can be downright hilarious, but when being interviewed she usually came across as being too reserved and constantly on her guard. She was paranoid about being misquoted. I often sat backstage just wishing she would let go of the reins and cut loose. She did not enjoy being interviewed. She regarded it as a necessary evil, but i am sure the public would have warmed to her more had she been relaxed and more like the person she was offstage. An audience could easily have mistaken her cautious approach as arrogance or rudeness. It still frustrates me rewatching these old interviews and knowing had she just been herself she would have captivated her audience the way she captivated them when on stage.
    The sense of humor is lovely to hear and quite unexpected. I've imagined Diana in private life as being very much warmer and more open, but the sense of humor is a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    The sense of humor is lovely to hear and quite unexpected. I've imagined Diana in private life as being very much warmer and more open, but the sense of humor is a nice surprise.
    Oh the stories i could tell!!!
    And they were not always suitable for a family audience.
    She is a very switched on cookie who can hold her own against anyone in the humour stakes. Don't let the stiff upper lip fool you.

Oh the stories i could tell!!!
    And they were not always suitable for a family audience.
    She is a very switched on cookie who can hold her own against anyone in the humour stakes. Don't let the stiff upper lip fool you.
    Ha! Perhaps, someday. I'm happy to hear that you have these nice memories of working with the lady, and equally happy that Diana has sides to her personality that she chooses to not reveal to hoi-polloi such as myself! As Bowie said so brilliantly on his last lifetime-released music, "I Can't Give Everything Away".