[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2
    They have to have filmed the 1968 Command Performance.
    I think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I think so too.
    Laurent, we have to get our hands on these things! hehehehehehehehe!

I think so too.
    It was wiped immediately after broadcast sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It was wiped immediately after broadcast sadly.
    Oh my! Too bad... really.

He doesn't know for sure. They said that about Top of the Pops and then a clip of the Supremes and Four Tops singing together surfaced in recent years. There are several vintage Royal Command Performances on Youtube ,so.......

Pretty much all the 60's and early 70's Royal Variety performances were wiped. Luckily some of them were recorded on videotape by enthusiasts and have survived. It's criminal how many great shows were wiped both in the UK and the USA. Having said that i do have Aretha's appearance somewhere in my loft.
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 04-05-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Pretty much all the 60's and early 70's Royal Variety performances were wiped. Luckily some of them were recorded on videotape by enthusiasts and have survived. It's criminal how many great shows were wiped both in the UK and the USA. Having said that i do have Aretha's appearance somewhere in my loft.
    They showed a brief clip of Aretha's appearance during her 1983 EBONY/JET SHOWCASE interview. She was singing AMAZING GRACE. I haven't seen it since.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    They showed a brief clip of Aretha's appearance during her 1983 EBONY/JET SHOWCASE interview. She was singing AMAZING GRACE. I haven't seen it since.
    Yes she did do Amazing Grace and another song which currently eludes me. I haven't seen it for decades but i do have it safely stored in my loft along with 45 years worth of journals.

Yes she did do Amazing Grace and another song which currently eludes me. I haven't seen it for decades but i do have it safely stored in my loft along with 45 years worth of journals.
    In an interview, Aretha said the other song was MY SHINING HOUR. I remember at the time of the performance, there was a bit of press about it in the US because Aretha was losing weight to wear a specific dress. She also said how the Queen Mother enjoyed AMAZING GRACE so much that she had to straighten her tiara. :-)