[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    there was no specific mention or call-out in the booklet for Sing HDH Expanded about "coming soon" or "be on the look-out"

They have done this in the past on occasion. not always.

I do think we could assume that they're working on something. what that is, i don't know. I was surprised that they did another set on the Xmas stuff but it was timely, given the holidays, they had some new material to make it unique and, from what we've heard, the Xmas stuff always sells well

and then they did Diana Sings Wiz sort of in time with the Wiz live broadcast on tv.

there's been talk that Ross 78 is in the works. Reflections would be an obvious next Expanded Edition. But the next actual lp was Sing Rodgers & Hart. they've released 2 expanded editions already - on cd in the 80s with 24 tracks and then another more recently with all 25 plus the Lady Tramp medley from Copa 67. But two of the tracks are different takes - I know one was Bewitched with totally different background vocals. Are there any other alt versions?

And they've not done the specialty albums of Sing CW&P, Sam Cooke, Liverpool.

Another question - is there really enough material for the DRATS albums to warrant expanded editions of each lp? it's not like they were really focusing on a concept like the Symphony set. it was mostly ongoing recording [[primarily with just Diana) and then let's grab the recent singles and fill out an lp. So does the remaining vault material really line up for individual DRATS lp expanded editions?
    I can't imagine a two-disc version of any of the DRATS albums, unless they would include Talk of the Town on the Reflections set. I would certainly buy a one disc set of any of the DRATS albums remastered with some alternate takes/unreleased tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    I can't imagine a two-disc version of any of the DRATS albums, unless they would include Talk of the Town on the Reflections set. I would certainly buy a one disc set of any of the DRATS albums remastered with some alternate takes/unreleased tracks.
    For Reflections my guess would be there is plenty of alternate versions/Mixes for 2 CD expanded edition. However, I am sure there will included a unreleased live show with a few alternate takes. I really hope this is not the case. I hope Reflections is like A Go-Go with tons of alternate mixes/versions and no live recordings. My hope would be that they do an unreleased live show for Love Child so we can at least get a double cd out of that album with a few alternate mixes to fill it up. After that I doubt there is enough material to fill up 2 cds for the remaining albums. Something I wish they would have done with the Expanded Editions, taking way the live recordings from Meet The Supremes, Where Did Our Love Go and More Hits they could have included A Bit Of Liverpool paired with Where Did Our Love Go Expanded, Sing Country, Western & Pop With Meet The Supremes and We Remember Sam Cooke With More Hits. They would have fit minus the live recordings.