[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    We live in a world where people are unlikely to believe women. Somehow, the benefit of the doubt is always given to men. People tend not to believe anything women say until a man backs them up. It is the very reason why these women didn't speak up after it happened. Who is going to believe their word against such a wholesome figure who does so much with children? He gave Black people such pride because he was a very funny and successful BLack comedian that crossed race and generations when we were still in the first Jim Crow era. Cosby was the first Black co-star in a major, successful TV series, one of the first Blacks who produced his own TV show in the early 70s, then again in the 80s, presented a cartoon full of lovable Black, urban cartoon characters to kids that taught them lessons of respect and caring. He presented a new image of Black families to White America in the 80s. He is a philanthropist. How could they compete with that? Forget White audiences acceptance of him, what about how Blacks almost blindly accept him just because of the great things he has done? After all, he made Blacks look better to Whites.

And, now, it appears that everything women, dating back to at least 1965, have been sating what he's really like, is true, and some people have trouble believing it, preferring to instead blame the victims. Proof? In addition to the victims, and even a man who worked for Cosby at NBC in the 80s, we now have Cosby's own words of admission of most of what we have been hearing. No, he won't answer the crucial question, but, c'mon! Connect the dots and stop trying to deny your hero is guilty! It's the same blindness that caused so many Black Americans to deny O.J.'s Simpson's guilt. Yes, he was found not guilty, but remember the reasons some of those jurors gave for their vote? Remember how he behaved and what he said after it all? That sealed his guilt.

Again, if you had a daughter or wife who was violated by Bill Cosby in such a way, would you blame them for being alone with him?
    In the court system there is a bias against men. Women are always awarded the custody of the children. Look up a guy by the name of Brian Banks who had his life ruined because he was accused of raping a girl, and was convicted only on that accusation. She later admitted she lied just to get money and Banks' conviction was overturned. But the girl kept the money, and never went to jail. A friend of mine was accused by his girlfriend of beating her and was arrested and charged for it, when in reality she was on coke and was trying to beat the shit out of him hitting him with her heels and throwing shit at her and all he did was restrain her. He called the cops trying to get her out of the house, and HE got arrested. He was initially found guilty by a female judge before appealing and having it overturned by a jury [[consisting of 7 women). I'm not saying the women are all lying just because the ones in these situations were, I'm just not blindly labeling Cosby as guilty based only on accusations.

You say "connect the dots and stop trying to deny your hero is guilty." Have you not listened to a word I said [[or rather, read a word I wrote)? I don't care whether he's guilty or not. He's not my hero at all. I enjoy his acting just like I enjoy other actors and comedians. None of them are my "heroes." It's a silly notion. Because I respect the judicial process in this country I'm "trying to deny [[my) hero is guilty?" Right...

If I had a daughter or wife who was violated by anybody, they would have come out with immediately if it actually happened. And if I had a daughter or wife and I trusted them I would believe them and would want the violator in prison for life. But that's not what this situation is. I don't know any of the accusers. I don't know if they are trustworthy or not. Nowhere have I blamed the women for anything or said they did anything wrong. I've said that if they are lying that they would be pieces of shit. I don't know whether they are lying or not, but if any are, they deserve blame for lying about that. If they are indeed telling the truth then they wouldn't deserve blame for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    In the court system there is a bias against men. Women are always awarded the custody of the children. Look up a guy by the name of Brian Banks who had his life ruined because he was accused of raping a girl, and was convicted only on that accusation. She later admitted she lied just to get money and Banks' conviction was overturned. .
    Hell, look at what happened to Michael Jackson! Those two little punks admitted they lied on Michael.......AFTER he died! One said his Dad made him lie for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Hell, look at what happened to Michael Jackson! Those two little punks admitted they lied on Michael.......AFTER he died! One said his Dad made him lie for the money.
    No they didn't.

They only reported ONE was lying, but he NEVER TOOK IT BACK!!! That was a LIE! Jordan Chandler never said anything. He never said his father made him lie or none of that. That's PR bullshit from the Jackson camp.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chandler.asp

And who was the "second punk"? No, no one took it back about MJ...

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    In the court system there is a bias against men. Women are always awarded the custody of the children. Look up a guy by the name of Brian Banks who had his life ruined because he was accused of raping a girl, and was convicted only on that accusation. She later admitted she lied just to get money and Banks' conviction was overturned. But the girl kept the money, and never went to jail. A friend of mine was accused by his girlfriend of beating her and was arrested and charged for it, when in reality she was on coke and was trying to beat the shit out of him hitting him with her heels and throwing shit at her and all he did was restrain her. He called the cops trying to get her out of the house, and HE got arrested. He was initially found guilty by a female judge before appealing and having it overturned by a jury [[consisting of 7 women). I'm not saying the women are all lying just because the ones in these situations were, I'm just not blindly labeling Cosby as guilty based only on accusations.
    The court system is not biased against men. For every woman who lies about rape, 100 more men never serve any time, much less are arrested and charged for committing it. I know about only two females who wrongly charged family members of raping them. They were under therapy by questionable people, or mentally ill. But, I personally know plenty of men who were never even arrested for rape, and that was sometimes with the help of the police. The victims were too scared of reporting them for fear or retribution or being rejected by their families. Most women in this country are given custody of children, and most me are still arrested and/or removed from the home when there is a call of domestic violence or abuse. So, don't give me that crap about how the courts discriminate against men. That sounds like those mens' groups who supported the college kid who randomly shot innocent women because he couldn't get attention from women.

You say "connect the dots and stop trying to deny your hero is guilty." Have you not listened to a word I said [[or rather, read a word I wrote)? I don't care whether he's guilty or not. He's not my hero at all. I enjoy his acting just like I enjoy other actors and comedians. None of them are my "heroes." It's a silly notion. Because I respect the judicial process in this country I'm "trying to deny [[my) hero is guilty?" Right...
    I have been reading every word. You say you don't care either way, but you still seem to want to give Cosby the benefit of the doubt. I question why.

If I had a daughter or wife who was violated by anybody, they would have come out with immediately if it actually happened. And if I had a daughter or wife and I trusted them I would believe them and would want the violator in prison for life. But that's not what this situation is. I don't know any of the accusers. I don't know if they are trustworthy or not. Nowhere have I blamed the women for anything or said they did anything wrong. I've said that if they are lying that they would be pieces of shit. I don't know whether they are lying or not, but if any are, they deserve blame for lying about that. If they are indeed telling the truth then they wouldn't deserve blame for anything.
    This shows me that you understand very little about behavior, much less the behavior of victims.