[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How soon we forget the performance of Somewhere on TCB in which Mary and Cindy did their vocals offstage while Diana was on stage .
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i thought i remember some stories about how upset S and S were with this staging and set up. not so much that they were put on that weird Hollywood Squares set but the lighting. to essentially blot them out was so disrespectful. who knows who did this - pedro, mary, the production team on mike douglas, etc. But just an absolutely unnecessary treatment of two hugely talented women that had been repeatedly pushed into the background.

i don't know if even during the DRATS era there was such a blatant diss two the other two members - at least on a tv performance. sure M and C were disrespected behind the scenes. and sometimes they were either just omitted from a performance or whatever. but they were never simply removed like this

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    How soon we forget the performance of Somewhere on TCB in which Mary and Cindy did their vocals offstage while Diana was on stage .
    actually i think that was lip synced. if you watch the video, diana is alone on the stage and there's absolutely no glimpse of even the front row of the orchestra. sorry. even if all of those lights were turned off, you'd still see the base of their music stands.

IMO they filmed the majority of it with Diana lip syncing totally alone on a bare stage. no audience, no orchestra, no M and C. then at the very end, they cut to a live version of her on the stage [[and it's rather a sloppy cut too IMO)

but i get your point. M and C recorded it but then are omitted. But at least they're not put in the shadows on the back of the stage

If they didn’t want the on stage then they they should not have used their vocals
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    actually i think that was lip synced. if you watch the video, diana is alone on the stage and there's absolutely no glimpse of even the front row of the orchestra. sorry. even if all of those lights were turned off, you'd still see the base of their music stands.

IMO they filmed the majority of it with Diana lip syncing totally alone on a bare stage. no audience, no orchestra, no M and C. then at the very end, they cut to a live version of her on the stage [[and it's rather a sloppy cut too IMO)

but i get your point. M and C recorded it but then are omitted. But at least they're not put in the shadows on the back of the stage

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    If they didn’t want the on stage then they they should not have used their vocals
    i agree. they had already reduce the backing vocals from the arrangement DMF used. and of course the vocals were mixed way back. could have easily just made this a Diana solo and called it a day