[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for your interest in my website, Bobby. Like you, I am fascinated by Supremes performances, and I began to work on this TVgraphy more than 20 years ago!

To answer a few of your questions, the "Washington Hilton Ballroom Performance" is listed as in Mary Wilson's book. Just checking it again, she doesn't mention it necessarily as the name of the TV show but rather as the name of the event. I haven't found any further information about it yet, unfortunately.

In the Timeline section, the origins of the information is available as tooltips, by pointing your mouse on the text [[it's the same with the pics and it's detailed in the Timeline introduction, I know, it's probably a boring part to read :-) ), so the Copa show being broadcast on TV is mentioned in Ribowsky's book [[p 243). I am fully aware that Ribowsky's book is the least accurate book about the Supremes [[so many events are mentioned incorrectly, it's unbelievable!) but he mentions a review of this broadcast in Time magazine, which gives a little credibility to this information. I have yet to find this review to get a final proof of the broadcast [[if anyone can be of some help for this, I'll be grateful), or any mention in a TV mag...

For the origin of the information about the broadcast of the Roostertail concert, it's on the site as tooltips [[Timeline 1966 - January 17-29)

Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Thanks for your interest in my website, Bobby. Like you, I am fascinated by Supremes performances, and I began to work on this TVgraphy more than 20 years ago!

To answer a few of your questions, the "Washington Hilton Ballroom Performance" is listed as in Mary Wilson's book. Just checking it again, she doesn't mention it necessarily as the name of the TV show but rather as the name of the event. I haven't found any further information about it yet, unfortunately.

In the Timeline section, the origins of the information is available as tooltips, by pointing your mouse on the text [[it's the same with the pics and it's detailed in the Timeline introduction, I know, it's probably a boring part to read :-) ), so the Copa show being broadcast on TV is mentioned in Ribowsky's book [[p 243). I am fully aware that Ribowsky's book is the least accurate book about the Supremes [[so many events are mentioned incorrectly, it's unbelievable!) but he mentions a review of this broadcast in Time magazine, which gives a little credibility to this information. I have yet to find this review to get a final proof of the broadcast [[if anyone can be of some help for this, I'll be grateful), or any mention in a TV mag...

For the origin of the information about the broadcast of the Roostertail concert, it's on the site as tooltips [[Timeline 1966 - January 17-29)

Laurent
    Depending on what year it was, The Washington Hilton Ballroom Performance may have been one of the Presidential Inaugural Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Depending on what year it was, The Washington Hilton Ballroom Performance may have been one of the Presidential Inaugural Balls.
    It sounds like a Presidential Inaugural Ball but January 25, 1966 is a year after Johnson's second presidential nomination...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    It sounds like a Presidential Inaugural Ball but January 25, 1966 is a year after Johnson's second presidential nomination...
    Florence performed at one of Nixon's Presidential Inaugural Balls in Jan. 1969.