[REMOVE ADS]

"Working Overtime" Diana Ross HBO Special

This filmed London concert captures all the joy of attending and experiencing the magic of Diana Ross
    Live in Concert!

All the songs flow to perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    This filmed London concert captures all the joy of attending and experiencing the magic of Diana Ross
    Live in Concert!

All the songs flow to perfection!
    She was on fire during this tour. I had just started working for her and i got to see the show many times.
    I am not sure this was her actual finest performance of the tour, but it was the one chosen for broadcast. Not seen it for many years.

When she brought the tour to the US, she called me onstage to dance during WORKIN' OVERTIME. I still can't believe it.

This is one of my least favorites. I don’t like the way it was filmed, i don’t know if it was the cameras used, or the film. Also, It was also too edited.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    This is one of my least favorites. I don’t like the way it was filmed, i don’t know if it was the cameras used, or the film. Also, It was also too edited.
    I think it would have come off better if they didn't edit it down to 60 minutes. The HBO show actually aired two weeks after I saw her in person so I knew that there was so much that was cut out of the show. Many of the songs were shortened or just left out completely. It might have been cool to tape it at Radio City or a similar venue instead of in the round.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I seem to recall the full show was shown live on Sky tv in the UK. It was the full 100 minute show as i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think it would have come off better if they didn't edit it down to 60 minutes. The HBO show actually aired two weeks after I saw her in person so I knew that there was so much that was cut out of the show. Many of the songs were shortened or just left out completely. It might have been cool to tape it at Radio City or a similar venue instead of in the round.
    I haven't seen the edited show so i cannot comment on that version.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    When she brought the tour to the US, she called me onstage to dance during WORKIN' OVERTIME. I still can't believe it.
    What a wonderful experience! Years ago [[I forget which tour ...) Diana singled me out [[and, wisely, did NOT ask me to sing ...) during the finale of ROAT and even offered a cheek to kiss at the end. Lordy she was gorgeous up close and smelled GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    What a wonderful experience! Years ago [[I forget which tour ...) Diana singled me out [[and, wisely, did NOT ask me to sing ...) during the finale of ROAT and even offered a cheek to kiss at the end. Lordy she was gorgeous up close and smelled GREAT!
    She always smells great!
    Perfume is one of her great passions.
    When she opened Harrods sale in London she forfeited her fee and just asked for some perfume samples!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She always smells great!
    When she opened Harrods sale in London she forfeited her fee and just asked for some perfume samples!

Didnt her six figure fee to to a Childrens charity?

She always smells great!
    Which perfumes does she wear?? I bought her bottle Diamond Diana from HSN. I need her to do another one 🤣

in the early 1960's she wore Jungle Gardenia perfume - people said you could still smell it 20 mins after she had left a room...

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Didnt her six figure fee to to a Childrens charity?
    She certainly did donate her fee to a Children's charityRoberta.

I remember her concert at Forest Hills, Queens NY, in which for the finale she wore A Tangerine Slacks Suit with White Yacht Sneakers:
    Diva Casual Extraordinaire.
    Diana Ross came into the audience with the scent of a tropical garden. After all these years, I can still recall the floral scent. It was amazing how she interacted with the audience. As a performer, she is the "IT Girl"!

I think Gardenia is a chord in her floral scents!

Many TV interviewers have said she always wears a lovely perfume scent.

She always smells great!
    Ah, yes! The perfume scent...this was even referred to back in 1967 when they appeared on What's My Line as Tony Randall began his questioning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyera7VYxLw&t=180s

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Which perfumes does she wear?? I bought her bottle Diamond Diana from HSN. I need her to do another one 🤣
    I'm no expert on perfumes i'm afraid. I am sure she used many brands. All i can say is she always smelled so gorgeous. It was always very subtle rather than overpowering.

She was on fire during this tour. I had just started working for her and i got to see the show many times.
    I am not sure this was her actual finest performance of the tour, but it was the one chosen for broadcast. Not seen it for many years.
    I was rather disappointed by her vocal performance, I don't think she was in a good voice during the European leg of the tour. The live album isn't very pleasant the listen because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    I was rather disappointed by her vocal performance, I don't think she was in a good voice during the European leg of the tour. The live album isn't very pleasant the listen because of that.
    The live album is dreadful, but she did put in some fine performances during that tour. I saw most of the shows, and whilst they did vary in quality she was very good on most of the dates.

She certainly did donate her fee to a Children's charityRoberta.
    Thank you for confirming dear one.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Ah, yes! The perfume scent...this was even referred to back in 1967 when they appeared on What's My Line as Tony Randall began his questioning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyera7VYxLw&t=180s
    I think when Flo answers "Yes." to the question, "Are you a beautiful woman?", Diana Ross is laughing because she[[Diana) is wearing the lovely perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    in the early 1960's she wore Jungle Gardenia perfume - people said you could still smell it 20 mins after she had left a room...
    Jungle Gardenia! Yikes! I always thought that was an old ladies perfume. I can’t believe she wore that when she was young. And absolutely you can smell it a mile away. That one and Opium I also found very cloying whenever a lady wore them. Way too heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Jungle Gardenia! Yikes! I always thought that was an old ladies perfume. I can’t believe she wore that when she was young. And absolutely you can smell it a mile away. That one and Opium I also found very cloying whenever a lady wore them. Way too heavy!
    I've heard a lot about that one. It was popular back in the day. Miss Ross seems like an Angel or Alien by Thierry Mugler girl. Her fragrance smells just like Calvin Klein Obsession, so it seems like she like heavy fragrances.

I love this discussion! I have always wondered what Di smells like. I have heard she used Angel by Thierry Mugler, which seems just like her.
    Didn’t MJ use jungle gardenia as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Atasteofhoney View Post
    I love this discussion! I have always wondered what Di smells like. I have heard she used Angel by Thierry Mugler, which seems just like her.
    Didn’t MJ use jungle gardenia as well?
    I also love this discussion! I hope I'm right. I said Angel because she walked Mugler's runway, and there was such a cute video of them someone posted years ago of Miss Ross holding Mugler's hand, and she just seems like she would wear Angel or Alien. I wish we could see her fragrance closet.

I'm not sure of MJ wearing Jungle Gardenia, but he did wear Bal A Versailles, Tom Ford Black Orchid and Calvin Kelin's Eternity. Here's a video of him spraying away on his clothes. Miss him.
    https://youtu.be/8id1y_swTvw

Sorry! You are right. I mixed up Bal A Versailles with jungle G.
    I miss him so so much. I wonder how he would have handled this pandemic.

Nothing better than a wonderful smelling leading lady what I’m wondering about is there ever going to be an expanded edition of this album it’s got a Lotta good stuff on it

Quote Originally Posted by Atasteofhoney View Post
    Sorry! You are right. I mixed up Bal A Versailles with jungle G.
    I miss him so so much. I wonder how he would have handled this pandemic.
    I wonder the same thing. I still cannot believe he is gone. We lost him, Prince AND Whitney? I wonder what fragrances Whitney wore......

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    I wonder the same thing. I still cannot believe he is gone. We lost him, Prince AND Whitney? I wonder what fragrances Whitney wore......
    Whitney's favorite perfume was galilea