[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: One more chance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Getting back to the "To Love Again album, it's a huge shame that the album could not have been released at the same time "Endless Love" was climbing the charts.
    It could have been titled Endless Love" to include "Dreaming Of You". Had this been the case i think the album could have gone top 10.
    One Masser song i so wish Diana had recorded is "Someone That I Used To Love". A beautiful, poignant song that was perfect for her. Natalie Cole had a minor hit with it but i'm sure Diana could have had the definitive version and a sizeable hit.
    After the massive success of 20 Golden Greats in the UK, i think the Masser tribute idea was a mistake. The public did not need TMITM or Theme From Mahogany featured on vinyl so soon after. I think "After You" and "All Night Lover" would have worked better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Getting back to the "To Love Again album, it's a huge shame that the album could not have been released at the same time "Endless Love" was climbing the charts.
    It could have been titled Endless Love" to include "Dreaming Of You". Had this been the case i think the album could have gone top 10.
    One Masser song i so wish Diana had recorded is "Someone That I Used To Love". A beautiful, poignant song that was perfect for her. Natalie Cole had a minor hit with it but i'm sure Diana could have had the definitive version and a sizeable hit.
    After the massive success of 20 Golden Greats in the UK, i think the Masser tribute idea was a mistake. The public did not need TMITM or Theme From Mahogany featured on vinyl so soon after. I think "After You" and "All Night Lover" would have worked better.
    Barbra Streisand also recorded a nice version of Someone that i used to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Barbra Streisand also recorded a nice version of Someone that i used to love.
    She did indeed. I quite like Streisand's version but think Natalie cole has the edge.
    I really love the song and so wish Diana had recorded it for the "To Love Again" album. To me it was a natural.
    With songs such as this and by motown being able to include EL and DOY the album could have been huge with hits a plenty. As it were they were forced to release two fairly pleasant album tracks as singles which never stood a chance.
    Talking of B.S, i think her version of "Home is fairly awful. It should have been great, but it just doesn't work. Diana really does have the definitive on that one.....imo.

She did indeed. I quite like Streisand's version but think Natalie cole has the edge.
    I really love the song and so wish Diana had recorded it for the "To Love Again" album. To me it was a natural.
    With songs such as this and by motown being able to include EL and DOY the album could have been huge with hits a plenty. As it were they were forced to release two fairly pleasant album tracks as singles which never stood a chance.
    Talking of B.S, i think her version of "Home is fairly awful. It should have been great, but it just doesn't work. Diana really does have the definitive on that one.....imo.
    I wouldn't say it was awful, but i don't think it will be mentioned when tributes are paid when she eventually passes, which i trust will not be for quite some time yet. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her recently. She was totally different to what i was expecting. A true legend in every respect.

I wouldn't say it was awful, but i don't think it will be mentioned when tributes are paid when she eventually passes, which i trust will not be for quite some time yet. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her recently. She was totally different to what i was expecting. A true legend in every respect.
    Perhaps not awful, just a little bland. I met her in 82 but only got to say hi.
    She was in the UK working on Yentl and my b/friend was best friend with the costume designer of the film. All the crew said she was a real trooper. I know for a fact she did not want to be called M's Streisand all the time lol.

Perhaps not awful, just a little bland. I met her in 82 but only got to say hi.
    She was in the UK working on Yentl and my b/friend was best friend with the costume designer of the film. All the crew said she was a real trooper. I know for a fact she did not want to be called M's Streisand all the time lol.
    She was lovely Ollie. I was expecting tissues and issues, but i got a very astute and intelligent lady. She was calm, happy and relaxed. An absolute pleasure to work with. Those 5 or 6 days literally flew by. She promised to return for a tour in 2021 when she will hopefully have her next album out. Fingers crossed.

She was lovely Ollie. I was expecting tissues and issues, but i got a very astute and intelligent lady. She was calm, happy and relaxed. An absolute pleasure to work with. Those 5 or 6 days literally flew by. She promised to return for a tour in 2021 when she will hopefully have her next album out. Fingers crossed.
    ... perhaps in 2021 one will find one's self in need of an utterly adorable assistant with a sharp mind, great work ethic and a tongue that could clip a hedge?

I know she has a personal assistant named Renata who has been with her like forever. Judy, who worked on the costumes told my partner she was nice but you had to know your stuff because she has such an eye for detail.
    So come on Bluebrock, please spill some beans. How does working with Diana compare with Barbra. From what i do know, Bab's is a perfectionist but a lot more relaxed around people then Diana.
    I have only once seen Diana out and about in South London. Perhaps she was having a bad day....... That's all i will say.

The first time I heard this song [[by Natalie Cole) I knew it should have been recorded by Diana. Natalie and Barbra interpret it well but I can just imagine and "hear" the perfect version by Ross.
    Yes, that would have been better. That way, another single from diana could have been released instead of One More Chance. [[One More Chance is my favorite of the "new" Masser songs on To Love Again. I think it is a marvelous, dramatic vocal performance by Ross. But it was a poor, or at least not timely, choice for a single.)