[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Two and a half million people have already signed a petition on the parliamentary website calling for a second EU referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Two and a half million people have already signed a petition on the parliamentary website calling for a second EU referendum.
    Petitions mean absolutely nothing in Great Britain...They have petitions for virtually everything. The House Of Commons would still have to explain to a clear majority why they reversed the will of the people...They even had a petition to ban Donald Trump...That one accomplished nothing too...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Petitions mean absolutely nothing in Great Britain...They have petitions for virtually everything. The House Of Commons would still have to explain to a clear majority why they reversed the will of the people...They even had a petition to ban Donald Trump...That one accomplished nothing too...LOL
    Any petition that gets 100.000 signatures has to be considered for debate in Parliament.

Any petition that gets 100.000 signatures has to be considered for debate in Parliament.
    Parliament does NOTHING but debate...they debate EVERYTHING...even Donald Trump [[LOL)...however, it means nothing, and Great Britain is NEVER going to refute the 52% of their voters who voted in favor of Brexit...It would undermine Britain's entire system of rule by electoral majority. That debate will be nothing more than a bunch of hoots, ahems, hear hear's, and OOOoooo's attempting to drown out speakers like every other controversial debate in the chambers of Parliament...

Winging Brats the lot of them .. totally pathetic .. and these people think they are being "Democratic" and are "fighting for inclusiveness/liberal values" etc. etc. etc .. the hypocrisy is appalling .. and the worst thing is that I know people who have signed this!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Winging Brats the lot of them .. totally pathetic .. and these people think they are being "Democratic" and are "fighting for inclusiveness/liberal values" etc. etc. etc .. the hypocrisy is appalling .. and the worst thing is that I know people who have signed this!!
    I might have been inclined to agree with you except for the fact that , ironically, the petition was started by Oliver Healey, a pro-Brexit campaigner who was expecting a narrow Remain victory.

I might have been inclined to agree with you except for the fact that , ironically, the petition was started by Oliver Healey, a pro-Brexit campaigner who was expecting a narrow Remain victory.
    Yes ... so I found out a couple of days back. Hilarious isn't it!!

Mind you, there are still forces out there that want to declare the result of the referendum invalid for various reasons ... not enough people voted [[even though a turnout of 72% is very high by the standards of UK elections), people didn't know what they were voting for, the "Leave" team lied [[apparently we are supposed to believe that all the claims of the "Remain" side were 100% true), a lot of people only voted "Leave" as a joke, people who voted "Leave" weren't properly educated, a similar vote today might give a different result .... etc. etc. etc.

As I've previously mentioned, The EU has had a long and shameful history of ignoring national referendums when it suited them, so until Article 50 [[the formal divorce notice) is actually invoked I'm still prepared for some legal hiccup.

Roger