[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is only in comparison to her actual 80s output that makes it odd that Ross didn't want Luther to produce her. It is not as if she had some distinctive creative vision. He could not have done any worse by her.

Personally, I really only wanted a Luther/Ross duet. Their voices would have blended perfectly. I can see why Ross was not a fan of everything Luther produced for his divas. The Dionne album and Aretha's albums were not as consistent or impressive as Luther's own albums. I also think that his one collaboration with Whitney -- "Who Do You Love" -- is unlistenable.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    It is only in comparison to her actual 80s output that makes it odd that Ross didn't want Luther to produce her. It is not as if she had some distinctive creative vision. He could not have done any worse by her.

Personally, I really only wanted a Luther/Ross duet. Their voices would have blended perfectly. I can see why Ross was not a fan of everything Luther produced for his divas. The Dionne album and Aretha's albums were not as consistent or impressive as Luther's own albums. I also think that his one collaboration with Whitney -- "Who Do You Love" -- is unlistenable.
    That's not nice but true
    I wonder why he agreed arranging background vocals for some songs.