What an interesting thread. As I've said before, you guys are such experts! What a wealth of knowledge the forum has. If the general public were as interested in Motown minutiae as all of us are, we would have to write a book together or something!

A philosophical suggestion. I studied art fakes for a time, and got very interested in some famous/infamous artists who were known for faking great masterpieces or even painting new works in the style of famous artists and passing them off as undiscovered masterpieces. Orson Welles did a documentary style film on one of these artists called "F is for Fake."

I remember reading somewhere that "a fake is like a dead thing." You might enjoy it initially, but once you realize it's a fake its "provenance" or whatever you want to call it is diminished and you will lose pleasure in it. I always thought that was a very astute observation, and one which I think might apply to some of the albums mentioned. Not to get too heavy on a Saturday evening, but something to think about.