[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    there have been some fans sharing that once mary announced her exit, she anticipated a big solo offering from motown. when that didn't happen, the word is that mary wanted back into the supremes. but S and S said "only if Pedro is out of the picture"
    While I don't dispute what you heard, on what four legs could S and S stand on, not letting Mary back into the group she created?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    While I don't dispute what you heard, on what four legs could S and S stand on, not letting Mary back into the group she created?
    valid question. maybe it was a "if you AND pedro come back, the two of us are out of here." and motown certainly didn't like pedro either, based on everyone's accounts of the group history. so maybe that was also motown saying that, although that could open the question of why motown didn't boot pedro to the curb before.

and to be honest, motown wasn't probably going to do much for the S and S led supremes either. sure motown might have been relieved that M and P were out of the picture but seriously doubt the new sups would have had any support either.

some fans have said it was Diana the instructed berry to retire the group. some have said that mary helped coax diana to do this. some have said motown just wanted the group retired. regardless of the origination, there is some merit that if no original members were part of the group, probably best to just move on

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    some fans have said it was Diana the instructed berry to retire the group. some have said that mary helped coax diana to do this. some have said motown just wanted the group retired. regardless of the origination, there is some merit that if no original members were part of the group, probably best to just move on
    In the book THE WOMEN OF MOTOWN, Scherrie says she "heard it through the grapevine" that Diana wanted the group retired if there weren't going to be any originals members in it. Whether this was done with coaxing from Mary, only Diana knows.

But in SUPREME FAITH, Mary did say that she was "relieved" and her "prayers had been answered" when she learned that Scherrie and Susaye were going on as a duo and that there would be no more Supremes.

I remember the old yahoo group. It was more implied than confirmed. I do remember someone asking Susaye about rejoining for the SA tour and she said along the lines that they want her back but without Pedro.
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post