[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    Well I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but Patti has a tendency to make things up. Back in the very early 2000's, Patti was running around saying that Labelle was reuniting, and that Cindy was going to be part of it. I was shocked and thrilled that Labelle was going to get back together, but didn't get how or why Cindy would be a part of it--So I called someone from the Labelle camp and asked. I was told in no uncertain terms that there were no plans at that time for any reunion since Patti and Nona were very busy and their schedules wouldn't allow it. Yes Patti, Nona and Sarah had occasionally spoken about reforming for a project but this was years before that actually happened. When I mentioned the fact that Patti said Cindy would be involved, my friend got almost angry. She said NO there was never even a mention of getting together with Cindy. Not one word. I was told that Patti had a habit of telling people what she thought they wanted to hear.
    It would have been nice if Cindy could have joined them.

I saw the Labelle "Back to Now" reunion concerts at the Apollo and at the Beacon in NYC. At the latter show, they had a Q&A. I asked why they weren't doing any Bluebelles material. Nona replied that the show would have been too long, Patti started singing the first notes of DOWN THE AISLE, and Sarah said that if the tour went on longer, maybe they could get Cindy to sing with them. Too bad it didn't happen.
    Last edited by reese; 09-23-2020 at 02:13 PM.