[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey mav my man good thread on the temptin temps and thier many members,i'm gonna say again what i said some years ago on another post about the temps and this is to the otis haters,i'm one of his biggest fans...had otis not had the-vision,toughness,buisiness savvy,we would not even be having this discussion did he make mistakes?of course as we all have during the course of our lives making choices that affect those we are responsible for,and otis is in charge of the temps and for 55yrs keeping them around when many have faded,imagine what would've happened if he had let david have his way[david ruffin and the temptations]or if he had listened to eddie[go on strike no shows no recording]no he had to stay cool so my hat is off the great[yes i said it]the great mr.otis williams-member emiritus of the temptations...oh and before anyone says something smartass like..well he's the only one still living,i wish that..eddie-david-paul-al-richard-melvin were still here.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey mav my man good thread on the temptin temps and thier many members,i'm gonna say again what i said some years ago on another post about the temps and this is to the otis haters,i'm one of his biggest fans...had otis not had the-vision,toughness,buisiness savvy,we would not even be having this discussion did he make mistakes?of course as we all have during the course of our lives making choices that affect those we are responsible for,and otis is in charge of the temps and for 55yrs keeping them around when many have faded,imagine what would've happened if he had let david have his way[david ruffin and the temptations]or if he had listened to eddie[go on strike no shows no recording]no he had to stay cool so my hat is off the great[yes i said it]the great mr.otis williams-member emiritus of the temptations...oh and before anyone says something smartass like..well he's the only one still living,i wish that..eddie-david-paul-al-richard-melvin were still here.
    Thank you JAI and thank you for saying what you said!

After Otis was Richard Street with the Tempts the longest? Why did Richard leave the group? I never knew the reason for his exit.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    After Otis was Richard Street with the Tempts the longest? Why did Richard leave the group? I never knew the reason for his exit.
    rod_rick, read post #48 in this thread and let me know if that answers it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Otis and Melvin were the longest serving Tempts. Ron Tyson replaced Richard as the third longest-serving Tempt [[32 years this year; Richard was with the group for 21 years until 1992). Reason he left was he and Otis had words. Richard had been sick and apparently Otis didn't get the word so either he was fired or Richard and Otis argued and Richard quit. But I think Otis fired him.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Otis and Melvin were the longest serving Tempts. Ron Tyson replaced Richard as the third longest-serving Tempt [[32 years this year; Richard was with the group for 21 years until 1992). Reason he left was he and Otis had words. Richard had been sick and apparently Otis didn't get the word so either he was fired or Richard and Otis argued and Richard quit. But I think Otis fired him.

For more info on that situation, check out post #48.