[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Bluebrock, hope all is well. I wonder perhaps if Diana's voice was a little overworked at the time of recording this album and that by the time she recorded "Chain Reaction" it had recovered somewhat. It's been reported that Diana was a little reluctant to record "CR" at first but was persuaded by Gibb to do it.
    I have always pondered how well the album might have been received had this been Diana's debut album for rca when her popularity was sky high. Could any other song on it have followed "CR" and scored Diana another huge hit???.

p.s have sent a p/m.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Hi Bluebrock, hope all is well. I wonder perhaps if Diana's voice was a little overworked at the time of recording this album and that by the time she recorded "Chain Reaction" it had recovered somewhat. It's been reported that Diana was a little reluctant to record "CR" at first but was persuaded by Gibb to do it.
    I have always pondered how well the album might have been received had this been Diana's debut album for rca when her popularity was sky high. Could any other song on it have followed "CR" and scored Diana another huge hit???.

p.s have sent a p/m.
    I think the lp would have done better titled 'Chain Reaction' and with that as the first single and 'Experience' as the second. And a different cover may have helped, also.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I think the lp would have done better titled 'Chain Reaction' and with that as the first single and 'Experience' as the second. And a different cover may have helped, also.
    I agree with you

Eaten Alive is a song I like a lot but not a good choice for a first single; it was chosen because of Michael’s involvement

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I agree with you

Eaten Alive is a song I like a lot but not a good choice for a first single; it was chosen because of Michael’s involvement
    Yeah, that was a smart move. That song made about as much sense as "Pieces of Ice"! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah, that was a smart move. That song made about as much sense as "Pieces of Ice"! LOL!!!!
    I like "Pieces Of Ice". While not a huge hit, it did quite respectably, reaching #15 on the Billboard R&B chart. The pop chart, not so well. Whatev. Sometimes the lead single from an album doesn't need to be hugely successful. It was a good lead for "Missing You", which was a huge hit across the board. "Swept Away" was a solid album. Its success speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post

p.s have sent a p/m.
    Welcome back Ollie. Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Not sure if the story about Diana being reluctant to record CR is true or not. I certainly have not heard anything in that regard, but i do know that she later came to regret turning down "islands in the stream". She was always a fan of the Bee Gees. She had looked on and watched Barbra, Dionne and Kenny Rogers hit big with Gibb productions whilst she struggled with less than spectacular material.It was a learning curve.
    As regards further hits on "eaten alive", i would have gone with "crimes of passion" which i always thought should have been the UK follow up to CR.
    I will respond to your p/m.