[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A few years ago a group of us were at a Cheesecake Factory. At the next table there was a middle aged couple with a young boy who appeared to be their son. The twist was that he sat there silently while the two 'adults' played with their cell phones.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    A few years ago a group of us were at a Cheesecake Factory. At the next table there was a middle aged couple with a young boy who appeared to be their son. The twist was that he sat there silently while the two 'adults' played with their cell phones.
    Interesting observation. So often [[lately), I've seen whole families come into restaurants and everyone has a phone....no one looks up except to order....no one talks during the entire meal as they're too busing reading/texting. Maybe they're 'texting' each other at the table?? LOL Kind of sad communication has broken down to this degree. I keep my phone in my pocket....turned OFF during social interactions/restaurants, etc.. I've even seen people on dates spend the whole time on their phones. No wonder social skills have gone into the crapper.