[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: ***shine***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Why? It's a matter of personal feelings. The moment I new he was going to produce a record for Diana, I was disappointed.
    I have always wondered why Streisand never did an album with Quincy Jones who is an intimate friend of her. Maybe she knows that his rythm is not suited to her voice, and I think Barry Gibb is not suited to Diana.
    Chain reaction was a big hit, maybe because of the clip... As far as I know, the album is not certified in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Why? It's a matter of personal feelings. The moment I new he was going to produce a record for Diana, I was disappointed.
    I have always wondered why Streisand never did an album with Quincy Jones who is an intimate friend of her. Maybe she knows that his rythm is not suited to her voice, and I think Barry Gibb is not suited to Diana.
    Chain reaction was a big hit, maybe because of the clip... As far as I know, the album is not certified in UK.
    Eaten Alive is a very divisive album. One of my friends regards it as his favorite Ross album ever. I wouldn't quite go that far, but i regard it as one of her better rca efforts. Perhaps i am biased because i am a friend of Barry, and i regard him as a musical genius. Both he and Diana evidently thought they could work well together. Whether you and i agree or disagree with that is totally irrelevant now, but Barry regards Chain Reaction as his best ever outside production on anyone. I just wish they had worked together a few years earlier when the likes of Islands in the stream was offered to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Eaten Alive is a very divisive album. One of my friends regards it as his favorite Ross album ever. I wouldn't quite go that far, but i regard it as one of her better rca efforts. Perhaps i am biased because i am a friend of Barry, and i regard him as a musical genius. Both he and Diana evidently thought they could work well together. Whether you and i agree or disagree with that is totally irrelevant now, but Barry regards Chain Reaction as his best ever outside production on anyone. I just wish they had worked together a few years earlier when the likes of Islands in the stream was offered to her.
    I do like most of the songs, except for Eaten Alive and Oh Teacher. For me, the problem is the muddled mixing of Diana's voice. Very disappointed that I couldn't hear or understand the words.

Saying it's one of her better RCA efforts isn't saying much, imo. With better mixing, I think it could have been, though.

Barry regards Chain Reaction as his best ever outside production on anyone.
    Chain Reaction is definitely the highlight of Eaten Alive for me. After Missing You, it is my favorite Ross RCA track. But I also love Streisand's Woman In Love and The Love Inside.